Software Engineer - Cyber Security and Information AssuranceBusinesses Raytheon Intelligence & Space Clearance type Negative Vetting 1 Relocation eligible No Ability to Telecommute No telecommuting Job ID 179920BR Most Recent Date Posted 05/04/2021 City Canberra Country Australia
- Exciting cyber security and information assurance delivery role.
- Flexible Working Environment
- Inclusive culture with tailored career opportunities.
Working within a team environment and under limited supervision, the Software Engineer will complete engineering activities in accordance with the relevant project procedures and work instructions. The Software Engineer may also be asked to provide leadership to a small team and/or the provision of mentoring to other team members. This role will be based in Canberra on a full-time basis. This is a key role and is responsible for the delivery of an important security capability to Defence and Federal Security Agencies, including contributing to the team as an agile software developer and security engineer.
- Ensure the delivery of assigned tasks within cost, schedule, and quality and performance specification.\\
- Accountable for the delivery of allocated Software Engineering work packages and artefacts and where appropriate, identify and exercise Software Engineering reuse opportunities
- Develop Software Engineering related documentation in accordance with appropriate standards
- Work effectively as part of a Software Engineering team and provide guidance and mentoring to other team members as required and provide support to Raytheon Australia project teams with regards to interface to and reuse of developed software components
- Provide technical support to the use of ‘best practice' software engineering standards, processes and methods
- Identify process improvement opportunities and recommend outcomes
- Knowledge of Government protective security requirements and the application of security risk management principles.
- Demonstrated experience and ability in software development using C++, C-sharp and Linux development]
- Some familiarity with network administration and Scripting languages such as bash and python [desirable]
- Previous experience working within a Scrum / Agile software development framework [desirable]
- Previous experience in the development of security related software [desirable]
- Experience in developing designs, participation in design reviews, undertaking typical design analyses and implementation of solutions, its integration, validation and qualification testing
- Demonstrate sound communication skills and the ability to work effectively in multi-disciplinary teams with demonstrated initiative and problem-solving skills
If you are looking for a challenging and rewarding career access your next mission by clicking the “Apply” button below or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.