Global Trade ManagerBusinesses Raytheon Intelligence & Space Clearance type Negative Vetting 1 Relocation eligible No Ability to Telecommute No telecommuting Job ID 178805BR Most Recent Date Posted 04/20/2021 City Canberra Country Australia
- Fast paced dynamic work environment
- Great benefits and career opportunities
- Role can be based in Adelaide, Brisbane, Sydney or Canberra
In this role you will contribute to overall business performance by providing subject matter advice to all areas of the business on global trade requirements and regulations, including Australian and U.S. export and import control regimes, the company’s obligations under relevant licences and permits, and the application of the company’s policies and procedures for controlled technologies, including technical data, defence articles, defence services and dual use items. This is a challenging and diverse role working with international and domestic enterprises. You will work in an expanding team within a collaborative environment and where career growth and opportunities exist.
- Provide subject matter expertise, advice and guidance to all areas of the business on global trade operational requirements, including Australian and U.S. export / import control regimes.
- Implement company policies and procedures, and associated work instructions, to manage the company’s compliance with export and import licensing and regulatory obligations, and to incorporate industry best practice.
- Design, implement and manage a robust management framework to record, track and monitor the import and export of export-controlled materials to and from all sites and customer / supplier locations, and the transfer of export-controlled material.
- Identify licensing requirements and associated risks for programs / pursuits and implement strategies to achieve global trade objectives in support of business requirements, while ensuring compliance with regulatory requirements and obligations.
- Providing internal training to ensure Raytheon Australia’s compliance with licensing obligations and regulatory requirements.
- Requires a University Degree in Business, Law, Commerce, or equivalent experience
- Knowledge of global trade laws and regulations (i.e. U.S. International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR), U.S. Export Administration Regulations (EAR), and the Australian Defence Trade Controls Act), including agency guidance and practice, export licensing requirements, and industry “best practices” for compliance
- Experience in Defence industry in preparing or reviewing export licences, and implementation of appropriate compliance controls.
- Experience managing a team with a focus on policy and strategy implementation.
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to appropriately prioritise multiple tasks and deadlines and follow through on all assigned tasks to ensure timely completion.
If you are looking for a challenging and rewarding career access your next mission by clicking the “Apply” button below or contact us at email@example.com
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.