Corporate ControllerBusinesses Raytheon Intelligence & Space Clearance type Base Line Relocation eligible No Ability to Telecommute No telecommuting Job ID 179819BR Most Recent Date Posted 05/14/2021 City Canberra Country Australia
- Leading Defence Contractor committed to driving strategic growth
- Head office location
- Highly skilled and professional team
Reporting to the CFO the Corporate Controller is responsible for ensuring that the controls over financial reporting are effective and that the financial results comply with relevant accounting standards, periodic guidance issued by the accounting bodies, and the policies of the company. The Corporate Controller has responsibility for overseeing the company’s compliance with relevant taxation legislation, the conduct of internal and external audits, the preparation of statutory financial statements as well as providing oversight of the financial and taxation aspects of employee benefits.
- Manage Treasury function including Accounts Receivable and Payable.
- Understanding of Defence accounting requirements released by FIS - with awareness of US equivalent issued by DCMA/DCAA.
- Review proposed policies of the company to ensure that effective controls are established that provide for appropriate segregation of duties, eliminate the risk of fraud and safeguard the assets of the company, as well as ensuring the integrity in financial reporting.
- Ensure accurate preparation and timely lodgement of the monthly reporting to the Corporate Consolidation team in the US.
- Manage the preparation of the company’s Statutory Financial Statements.
- Ensure that the taxation services are performed efficiently and effectively including preparation of the company’s annual taxation returns including income tax, payroll tax, FBT and GST.
Skills, Experience and Qualifications
- This position requires a good understanding of AIFRS, Australian Corporate and Taxation Law, EVMS and the Estimate at Completion (EAC) process, project accounting and reporting on a large Defence project.
- Tertiary qualifications in accounting/commerce mandatory.
- CPA or CA membership.
- Minimum 10 years of experience in a corporate environment.
- Working knowledge of AIFRS.
Must be eligible to obtain and maintain a Baseline Security Clearance as needed. Eligibility can be found at http://www.defence.gov.au/agsva.
If you are looking for a challenging and rewarding career access your next mission by clicking the “Apply” button below or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.