Systems Engineer - ScientistBusinesses Raytheon Intelligence & Space Clearance type None / Not Required Relocation eligible Yes Ability to Telecommute Temporary telecommuting - during COVID-19 Job ID 184804BR Most Recent Date Posted 10/20/2021 City Cambridge State MA Country United States
We develop and demonstrate algorithms and ideas that make distributed systems resilient, covering areas such as:
• Hybrid Cloud Infrastructures
• Virtualization technologies
• Software engineering and development and manipulation of network and application stacks
• Cyber Security technologies
• Artificial Intelligence and data-driven analysis, reasoning and quantification
What you will do
• Think, design, implement, test, and integrate; capture and present results; publish papers
• Deliver smart solutions to hard problems in the form of working systems to be run and evaluated by external users
• Work collaboratively with other researchers within BBN, university peers and peer organizations
• Execute tasks on time and deliver high quality work product, respond to customer and evaluator feedback
• Learn about Computer Science issues and challenges of national importance, and help address them
What you need
• Strong software development skills, particularly in Java
• Experience with distributed systems, cybersecurity, middleware
• Creative problem solving and experimental design
• Good oral and written communication skills
• Work in a self-directed manner as part of a team
• BS (in Computer Science or related field) with 6+ years, or MS (in Computer Science) with 4+ years, or PhD (in Computer Science) with 0-3 years
• Position may require some amount of overnight travel.
• U.S. person or the ability to obtain an Export Authorization from the appropriate government agency for non-U.S. persons
What you will gain
• Experience working on cutting-edge research, prototype, development and transition
• Work with world class researchers and engineers that embrace innovation and challenge the status quo
• Opportunities to lead R&D projects early in your career and establish a reputation in your field
• Improve your technical, writing and presentation skills, expand your network by establish relationship with customers and peers
• Get rewarded for your passion and entrepreneurial drive by peer recognition, credibility, and monetary incentive structures
BBN Technologies (BBN) is the research company behind many revolutionary advances that we take for granted today. BBN is where email was invented and the first routers were implemented. Today, BBN's scientists and engineers are working to advance the state-of-the-art on topics ranging from machine language translation to quantum cryptography. BBN offers the opportunity to perform exciting and revolutionary research that solves important problems in an exciting, collaborative environment. We are looking for a creative, talented software developer to join our Intelligence Software and Systems group. Work in our group focuses on designing, developing, and deploying new advances in cyber security, artificial intelligence, virtual technologies and distributed computing to solve challenges problems across a variety of application domains.
Raytheon BBN is proud to offer a comprehensive total compensation package including a competitive 401k company match, a Retirement Contribution plan, performance based incentive, and competitive benefits package. In addition to protecting your and your family’s health and well-being, we also offer important financial and family friendly benefits to meet your needs.
Our Work/Life benefits include – Paid Parental Leave – Adoption Assistance – Auto and Home Insurance – Child/Elder Back Up Care – College Coach – Retirement Planning Services – Flexible Work Arrangements - Legal Services – LifeResources – Employee Discount Program – Educational Assistance – Transportation Benefits – and Wellness Reward
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.