Systems Administrator IIIBusinesses Raytheon Intelligence & Space Clearance type None / Not Required Relocation eligible Yes Ability to Telecommute No telecommuting Job ID 181877BR Most Recent Date Posted 09/01/2021 City Cambridge State MA Country United States
The Business Infrastructure (BI) organization within Raytheon BBN Technologies is seeking a full-time Systems Administrator to help support secure area operations at BBN’s Cambridge, MA location. Primary responsibilities will include, but not be limited to installation, configuration, maintenance, documentation and planning of client/server environments. In addition, the incumbent will need to maintain other IT assets, prepare equipment for reuse or disposal, liaise with other IT personnel and equipment/software vendors as needed. This position also has a significant focus on responding to program management and information assurance requests for particular hardware, software, and configuration changes.
The ideal candidate will be familiar with Windows and Linux operating systems, information assurance, cybersecurity hardening and assessment tools, and network equipment and protocols. They should be able to learn and adapt to new technologies quickly and effectively. Flexibility and attention to detail are essential to success. BBN's work environment includes classified facilities to perform Government contract work, so a security clearance and CompTIA Security+ CE certification are required. A knowledge of the Risk Management Framework (RMF) and/or NIST 800-53/NIST 800-171 standards are a plus.
Required Skills, Certifications & Education:
* BS/BA Degree plus 5 years of experience in Systems Administration or an additional 8 years of relevant work experience in lieu of degree
* Candidate must be a U.S. Citizen and currently hold an active SECRET security clearance
* Candidate must currently hold CompTIA Security+ CE certification
* Knowledge of and/or familiarity with NIST 800-53 and NIST 800-171 standards and the Risk Management Framework (RMF)
* Knowledge of and experience with systems administration practices/procedures as applied to software management and system configuration
* Working knowledge of networking essentials including common ports & protocols, DHCP, DNS, host firewalls, etc…
* A solid understanding of Windows and Linux operating systems and use of performance analysis to tune systems
* Experience with the following tools/applications: Active Directory, Splunk, SRG/STIG tools, Symantec, Nessus, Ivanti
* Experience in shell scripting or scripting languages such as: Windows PowerShell, bash, python, and perl
* Ability to troubleshoot and solve technical problems
* Ability to perform system builds and upgrades, product installation and maintenance.
* Ability to identify and automate routine tasks
* Ability to work in a team environment
* Demonstrated organizational and planning skills with a task-oriented mindset
* RHCSA or similar Linux related certifications
* Experience configuring and maintaining Cisco Switches/Routers/Firewalls
* Working knowledge of additional operating systems such as Windows 10, Windows Server 2016/2019, macOS and various Linux distributions
* Experience with the following tools/applications: Virtualization technologies (ex. VMWare VSphere, Red Hat Virtualization, Linux KVM)
*Familiarity with the administration and use of Atlassian software products (e.g. Jira, Confluence, BitBucket)
* Ability to see projects through from start to completion, with a sense of ownership about work
* Knowledge of Samba, NFS, DNS, Apache/IIS and Public Key Infrastructure (PKI)
*Demonstrated ability to support a fast-paced set of developers and to balance multiple priorities/tasks
U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance as of day one of employment.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.