Scientist I - Quantum Computing ExperimentalistBusinesses Raytheon Intelligence & Space Clearance type None / Not Required Relocation eligible Yes Job ID 160023BR Date posted 04/01/2020 City Cambridge State MA Country United States
Who we are
BBN Technologies is seeking a qualified Experimental Physicist with a minimum of 2 years of experience performing sophisticated experiments in solid state quantum physics. The candidate will join a highly entrepreneurial and enthusiastic group advancing computation and communications technology by exploring quantum and optical phenomena. The candidate will support experimental efforts in superconducting quantum computing at mK-temperatures. Experience performing high-frequency and low-noise measurements is required. Position responsibilities will include developing and conducting novel experiments to demonstrate advanced concepts in quantum computing and multi-qubit superconducting systems. These experiments could include system characterization and studies in error detection and correction. The candidate may support designing superconducting components and low-noise packaging in support of experiments in quantum information processing.
W#hat you will do
• Conduct mK-temperature high-frequency low-noise quantum computing experiments
• Work collaboratively within small experienced teams and with academic partners
• Present accomplishments and teach concepts to teammates, sponsors, and conference audiences
What you will need
• Advanced degree in Physics, Engineering, or similar
• Significant research experience with mK high-frequency low-noise measurements
• Experience automating experiments using Python
• Experience performing single and two qubit gates is highly desirable
• Experience with high-performing teams publishing and presenting their achievements
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability and willingness to obtain a US Government security clearance. US citizenship required
• 2-years experience in Physics and/or QC laboratory
Additional kills that would be awesomw!
• PhD highly desired.
• Programming experience with Python, Julia, and/or C/C++, experimental data analysis using Matlab, numpy, and/or other similar tool
We offer outstanding benefits that include flexible work schedules, a competitive 401k company match, a Retirement Contribution plan, performance based incentive, paid parental leave, paid time off, and many other employee discounts.
Raytheon Technologies is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.