Principal Software Engineer - Embedded C/C++Businesses Raytheon Intelligence & Space Clearance type Secret - Current Relocation eligible Yes Job ID 163176BR Date posted 06/15/2020 City Cambridge State MA Country United States
Who we are
Raytheon BBN Technologies is seeking a Maritime Systems Engineer with experience overseeing the design, implementation and validation testing of custom software to join their Physical Systems & Sciences (PS2) business unit in Cambridge, MA.
What you will do
The successful candidate will lead a team of designing, developing and debugging modern functional embedded real time systems. In addition, the candidate will be expected to support customer education by making presentations to describe his software design and put forward measured performance of his/her software. These projects may be sponsored by the Department of Defense, other Federal Government agencies or commercial organizations.
What you will need
- BS degree in Computer/Electrical Engineering or Computer Science with 8 years experience; or MS degree with 4 years; or recent PhD
- Multi-process/multi-threaded C
- C++ programming in a Linux or other RTOS such as VxWorks
- Git and Atlassian toolset
- Agile development processes
- Interface development using I2C, RS-485/422/232, TCP/UDP
- Demonstrated ability to write software and test to requirements with traceability
- Position may require some amount of overnight travel
- A current DoD Secret clearance is required.
- Demonstrated ability to prepare board support packages for new hardware
- Experience with standard software package distribution formats such as RPM, dpkg, or similar
- Familiarity with modern software libraries such as Boost, IPP, Flatbuffers
- Experience with assembly, Bash, Python, VHDL, and hardware design
- Experience with MATLAB and signal processing techniques
We offer an exciting, fast paced, collaborative environment with the opportunity to contribute to industry-leading research. Career growth is encouraged through support for publications and participation in professional conferences. We offer outstanding benefits that include flexible work schedules, a competitive 401k company match, a Retirement Contribution plan, performance based incentive, paid parental leave, paid time off, and many other employee discounts.
Raytheon Technologies is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.