Senior System AdministratorBusinesses Raytheon Intelligence & Space Clearance type None / Not Required Relocation eligible Yes Ability to Telecommute No telecommuting Job ID 184101BR Most Recent Date Posted 08/25/2021 City Cambridge State MA Country United States
The ideal candidate will be familiar with Linux operating systems, distributed configuration management tools, effective automation and development techniques, and network equipment and protocols. They should be able to learn and adapt to new technologies quickly and effectively. Flexibility and attention to detail essential to this teams’ success. BBN's work environment includes classified facilities to perform Government contract work, so a security clearance, Security+ certification, and a knowledge of Risk Management Framework (RMF) and or NIST 800-171 standards are a plus.
Required Skills & Education:
* BS/BA Degree and a minimum of 5 years of experience in Systems Administration or an additional 8 years of relevant work experience in lieu of a degree.* Experience with any of the following Linux applications: LDAP, kickstart, yum, Apache, MySQL, DRBD, KVM, T/FTP, or Perl.
* Experience managing storage applications or technologies such as NFS, SMB, or other SAN applications.
* Experience with any of the following technologies: Sun Grid Engine, Slurm, Kubernetes, or other Container Orchestration Tools.
* Experience with system configuration tools such as Puppet, Ansible, Chef, or Salt.
* Knowledge of and experience with systems administration practices/procedures as applied to software management and system configuration.
* Working knowledge of networking essentials including common ports & protocols, DHCP, DNS, host firewalls, NFS, etc.
* Experience in shell scripting or languages such as bash, python, or Perl.
* Familiarity with IAAC concepts and languages.
* Facility for troubleshooting and solving technical problems.
* Ability to perform system builds and upgrades, product installation and maintenance.
* Ability to identify and automate routine tasks.
* Ability to work in a team environment.
* A solid understanding of a LINUX-based operating system and use of performance analysis to tune systems.
* Demonstrated organizational and planning skills with a task-oriented mindset.
* RHCSA or other Linux-based certifications.
* CompTIA Security+ certification.
* Knowledge of and/or familiarity with NIST 800-53 and NIST 800-171 standards and the Risk Management Framework (RMF).
* Experience with Cisco Switches/Routers.
* Experience utilizing or administering Gitlab & Gitlab runners, Jenkins, Bamboo, or other CI/CD tools.
* Working knowledge of a variety of operating systems such as Windows 10, Mac OS X and Linux.
* Ability to start and end tasks and projects to completion, with a sense of ownership about work.
*Demonstrated ability to support of a fast-paced set of developers and to balance priorities of multiple tasks.
U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will need a U.S. Security Clearance within 1 year of start date.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.