Financial Analyst IIBusinesses Raytheon Intelligence & Space Clearance type None / Not Required Relocation eligible No Job ID 168153BR Date posted 09/10/2020 City Cambridge State MA Country United States
Are you ready to apply your financial and analytical skills in an energetic and fast-paced environment? Are you looking for an exciting opportunity to be a strategic business advisor who will work with business leaders and many functions within the organization to execute and assess performance against their business strategy? If so, we want to hear from you.
Who we are
For more than 70 years, scientists and engineers in diverse disciplines at BBN have collaborated to solve real-world problems through research, exploration, development and prototyping. We partner with the best technical talent in academia and industry to challenge the status quo, pioneer new technologies, and creative transformative solutions.
BBN’s Analytics & Machine Intelligence (AMI) Business Unit is seeking a Financial Analyst to support an array of innovative programs that apply deep knowledge of machine learning approaches and other artificial intelligence technologies, learned and refined in human language technologies, to myriad of customer problems. The BBN Finance team is a diverse group of individuals with a robust mix of skills and experiences collaborating across the organization to influence optimal business decisions and achieve predictable results. The selected candidate will be accountable for providing financial leadership for the execution and growth of AMI programs.
What you will do
• Support startup and execution of various Cost-type, Fixed Price, and T&M contracts utilizing BBN financial systems
• Provide effective and accurate communication of key financial metrics through the development of monthly estimates to complete (ETC), annual estimates at complete (EAC), program management reviews, and other project financial deliverables to both internal and external customers.
• Support AMI’s proposal capture activities through analysis of RFPs, estimating and pricing, and proposal generation
• Monitor spending against authorized budgets for new business development activities
• Participate as part of a team in the execution of the monthly sales forecast process, development of annual operating plans and development of the five year strategic plan
What you will gain
• Opportunity to leverage and develop your financial and analytical skills
• Exhibit a leadership quality that entails facilitation, collaboration, and influential communication
• Engage in every aspect of a program’s life cycle, strategic planning, budgeting, proposals and reporting
• Work with a world class organization that embraces innovation and challenges the status quo
What you need
• Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, or Business Administration
• 2+ years applicable experience including program controls, program scheduling, cash management, and financial planning and reporting
• Familiarity with SAP and job cost accounting systems
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint) and SAP
• US citizenship and the willingness to apply for US government security clearance
Additional Skills that would be AWESOME
• Analytical, problem solving, and organizational skills
• Self-starter with excellent organizational and prioritization skills
• Prior experience working in a government contracting environment is preferred.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Knowledge of contracts governed by both FAR and DFARS
• Proposal development experience
• Experience with Earned Value Management
values curiosity and adaptability
expects learning and mentorship
empowers those with passion and entrepreneurial drive
requires customer focus and integrity
promotes humility and collaboration
This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization. 168153
Raytheon Technologies is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.