Principle Eng, Quality Engineer, MN Site Supplier QualityBusinesses Collins Aerospace Job ID 01410283 Date posted 10/01/2020 City Burnsville State Minnesota Country United States
Country:United States of America
Location:HMN01: S&IS (Sensors) - Burnsville 14300 Judicial Rd, Burnsville, MN, 55306 USA
You could be a great fit for our Quality organization if:
- You take immense satisfaction and pride in the quality of your work.
- You’re the first to point out opportunities for continuous improvement (even outside of work…not at all to the annoyance of your friends and family).
- You understand the absolute importance of adhering to compliance…all while making your customers proud by achieving a zero-defect quality delivery plan.
OK. We got it. You live and breathe Quality. So do we! For us at Collins Aerospace, quality is personal. People’s lives and safety depend on the quality of our products. From the child flying for the first time, to the men and women who save lives, to the astronaut exploring outer space – what we do matters, every day. If you checked the boxes above, we invite you to join the Quality organization as we work to be the best aerospace company for the world by delighting our customers with 100 percent on-time delivery and zero defect parts.
This position is for an Established Quality Engineering professional. The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate a firm understanding of quality tools that will resolve known quality issues as well as proactively identify areas of high risk and take appropriate risk mitigation. While this is an individual contributor role, there will be plenty of informal leadership opportunities to lead strategic initiatives that will develop and refine processes. You will be a mentor to other Quality Engineers as well as teach Suppliers that need to become more familiar with quality tools.
- Leads the development, modification, and maintenance of processes for supplier qualification / certification, assessment, monitoring, escape management, and quality issue resolution.
- Provides expertise on the analysis of quality data and development of part / supplier specific quality issue resolution and corrective actions.
- Leads processes and procedures for supplier qualification / certification, source inspection and material release processes, and Correction Action Boards / DQ Clinics with suppliers.
- Provides support for the UTC Supplier Gold program to ensure healthy continuous improvement and sustainability.
- Ensures that supplier is capable to meet all requirements for work transfer and process change management including Resourcing Gate and Production Part Approval Process (UPPAP) acceptance.
- Manages supplier quality issues through monitoring / escalation processes, escape management, processing of supplier submission of non-conforming material and supporting internal MRB processes.
- Supports supplier qualification / certification to AS9100/AS9120/ISO9001.
- Manages source inspection and material release processes.
- Performs Escape management procedures, drives root cause analysis through various problem solving methodologies such as Red-X, 8D, DMAIC, and DIVE. Recommends corrective and preventive action for systemic process and product design problems for product provided by suppliers.
- Drives Corrective Action Boards/DQ Clinics with suppliers.
- Analyzes quality data to identify systemic issues and develops supplier specific quality initiative strategies using key proactive quality tools such as PFMEA, MSA (or Gage R&R), Process Flow and Control Plans, SPC, etc.), driving their implementation.
- Knowledgeable of NADCAP special processes
- Job duties as assigned by your manager
- Current or existing training to AS9100/ISO9001 training is preferred. ASQ Certified Quality Auditor training is also acceptable.
- This position requires a Bachelor’s degree in the appropriate discipline and 10 years of relevant experience or an Advanced degree in the appropriate discipline and 7 years of relevant experience. In the absence of a degree, 14 years of relevant experience is required.
- Must be a US Persons or Green Card Holder for ITAR compliance
- Travel 20-30%
Collins Aerospace, a Raytheon Technologies company, is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers’ toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
Our Avionics team advances aviation electronics and information management solutions for commercial and military customers across the world. That means we’re helping passengers reach their destination safely. We’re connecting aircraft operators, airports, rail and critical infrastructure with intelligent data service solutions that keep passengers, flight crews and militaries connected and informed. And we’re providing industry-leading fire protection and safety systems that our customers can count on when it matters most. Are you ready to learn from the most knowledgeable experts in the industry, develop the technologies of tomorrow and reach new heights in your career? Join our Avionics team today.
Collins Aerospace Diversity & Inclusion Statement:
Diversity drives innovation; inclusion drives success. We believe a multitude of approaches and ideas enable us to deliver the best results for our workforce, workplace, and customers. We are committed to fostering a culture where all employees can share their passions and ideas so we can tackle the toughest challenges in our industry and pave new paths to limitless possibility.
WE ARE REDEFINING AEROSPACE.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
- Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution, including a Lifetime Income Strategy option
- Tuition reimbursement
- Life insurance and disability coverage
- Optional coverages you can buy: Pet Insurance, Home and Auto, additional life insurance, accident insurance, critical illness insurance, group legal
- Ovia Health, fertility and family planning
- Employee Assistance Plan, including up to 5 free counseling sessions
- Redbrick - Incentives for a Healthy You
- Autism Benefit
- Doctor on Demand, virtual doctor visits
- Adoption Assistance
- Best Doctors, second opinion program
- And more!
Nothing matters more to Collins Aerospace than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
- Background check and drug screen required (every external new hire in the U.S.)
- Drug Screen only performed on re-hires who have been gone for more than 1 year
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms