Principal Guidance, Nav, and Control EngineerBusinesses Collins Aerospace Job ID 01408119 Date posted 09/16/2020 City Burnsville State Minnesota Country United States
Country:United States of America
Location:HMN03: S&IS (Sensors) - Burnsville Ea 14300 Judicial Rd, Burnsville, MN, 55306 USA
At Collins Aerospace, we’re dedicated to relentlessly tackle the toughest challenges in our industry – all to redefine aerospace.
Created in 2018 through the combination of two leading companies– Rockwell Collins and United Technologies Aerospace Systems – we’re driving the industry forward through technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for global aerospace and defense. Every day we imagine ways to make the skies and the spaces we touch smarter, safer and more amazing than ever. Together we chart new journeys, reunite families, protect nations and save lives. And we do it all with some of the greatest talent this industry has to offer.
We are Collins Aerospace and we hope you join us as we REDEFINE AEROSPACE.
Do you want to be a part of something bigger? A team whose impact stretches across the world, and even beyond? At Collins Aerospace, our Mission Systems team helps civilian, military and government customers complete their most complex missions — whatever and wherever they may be. Our customers depend on us for intelligent and secure communications, missionized systems for specialized aircraft and spacecraft and collaborative space solutions. By joining our team, you’ll have your own critical part to play in ensuring our customer succeeds today while anticipating their needs for tomorrow. Are you up for the challenge? Join our mission today.
Collins Aerospace makes modern flight possible. Of course, that wouldn’t be possible without the capabilities and technologies of our organization, as well as our engineers – a highly skilled, accomplished network that spans more than 180 sites, 24 countries and 6 Strategic Business Units (SBUs).
Our industry-leading experts are setting the standards for the aerospace industry and paving the way for the future. But as new challenges present themselves, we need fresh, creative and motivated minds to overcome these hurdles, help us break barriers and achieve new levels of innovation. Do you have what it takes to join a global, diverse organization that doesn’t shy away from big opportunities? If so, we invite you to join our ranks and create the next generation of aerospace technologies.
Together, we will nurture an engineering culture that values intellectual curiosity, risk takers and integrity. A place where we will challenge ourselves, our teams, and the status quo and where we will work to find a way – the right way – to achieve what others can only dream of.
We are currently searching for a Principal Guidance, Navigation, and Controls (GNC) Engineer - to join our team in Burnsville, MN or Vergennes, VT (alternate location or 100% remote could be discussed).
The Principal GNC engineer will participate on a team and have leadership responsibilities for the design, development and integration of Guidance, Navigation, and Control sections for rockets, missiles, and projectiles, to deliver the customer and warfighter the newest technical capabilities available.
The candidate must have a demonstrated understanding of the systems engineering development process and have the capability to act as a systems architect to develop our next generation of products. Key responsibilities could include: system and subsystem requirements analysis, definition, and validation; systems and subsystems design architecture, integration and verification testing; leading or supporting technical collaboration among systems, hardware and software design functions; resolution of technical problems that cross functional domain areas of hardware/software and development of systems related documentation. In this role will you will be expected to lead the design efforts and mentor/oversee the work of other engineers. You will be interfacing with Senior Engineers, Program Management, Business Development Personnel and Customers to establish new programs, execute existing programs and support programs in production.
- Develop, document and manage top-level customer and derived system requirements identified through the execution of trade studies.
- Develop algorithms, system models and simulations of GNC systems to satisfy top level system specifications and requirements.
- Develop and lead engineering design of kalman filters, track filters for navigation and seeker guidance
- Support development of electrical, mechanical, and software specifications based on system simulation and top-level requirements. Flow down and track customer and system specifications to systems, electrical, mechanical, and software detail specifications.
- Develop verification and validation procedures, including DVT through qualification, to ensure system and subsystem components will perform as specified to meet customer and system requirements.
- Collaborate with fellow engineers on program technical challenges
- Support the Business Development organization in new business pursuits, including customer technical visits, preparation of RFI responses, and responsibility for preparation of technical proposals.
- Support failure investigation in developing cause and corrective action for manufacturing and customer top-level systems integration and test failures.
- Provide on-site customer support as necessary to perform above responsibilities effectively.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Physics, Mathematics or related field from an accredited institution is highly desired. Advanced degree preferred.
- 10+ years of experience in the development of GNC systems for precision guided weapon systems is required.
- Knowledge and experience in one or more integrated GNC disciplines is required such as: guide laws, navigation, navigation filters, autopilot controls, actuation, seekers, safe and arm device or safety subsystem integration, All-Up-Round integration, software development as well as model-based design principals is required.
Must have or be capable of obtaining a US Department of Defense (DoD) security clearance. Candidate selected will be subject to a government security investigation/reinstatement and must meet eligibility requirements
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- Experience with MathWorks tools is strongly desired.
This position requires a Bachelor’s degree in the appropriate discipline and 10 years of relevant experience or an Advanced degree in the appropriate discipline and 7 years of relevant experience. In the absence of a degree, 14 years of relevant experience is required.
Diversity drives innovation; inclusion drives success. We believe a multitude of approaches and ideas enable us to deliver the best results for our workforce, workplace, and customers. We are committed to fostering a culture where all employees can share their passions and ideas so we can tackle the toughest challenges in our industry and pave new paths to limitless possibility.
WE ARE REDEFINING AEROSPACE.
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
• Medical, dental, and vision insurance
• Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
• Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution
• Tuition reimbursement
• Life insurance and disability coverage
• And more
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms