Mechanical Repair Assembler - 2nd ShiftBusinesses Collins Aerospace Job ID 01421275 Most Recent Date Posted 04/20/2021 City Burnsville State Minnesota Country United States
Country:United States of America
Location:HMN01: S&IS (Sensors) - Burnsville 14300 Judicial Rd, Burnsville, MN, 55306 USA
This position sits in our repair station and must follow FAA guidelines. The position responsibilities are as follows:
- Test and calibrate parts.
- Accurately read blueprints.
- Demonstrate proper use of simple hand and machine tools.
- Demonstrate proper use of electrical/mechanical measuring devices.
- Take ownership for accuracy of processes and resulting costs.
- Accurately read and follow procedures, routing and other work instructions.
- Responsible for quality.
- Meet customer deadlines.
- Responsible for building parts that meet customer expectations.
- Responsible to comply with applicable elements of quality systems.
- Ability to work successfully in a team environment.
- Ability to plan and prioritize work to met production schedules and quality requirements.
- Coordinate production to meet deadlines and quality requirements.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks.
- Acquire applicable skill/knowledge/certifications as required.
- Understand end uses of products being built.
- Request tools and supplies in accordance with project requirements.
- Comply with safety and hazardous waste disposal programs.
- Participate in cost reduction, scrap reduction, lean, process improvement, etc.
- Ability to train/coach others as needed.
- Demonstrate a proactive role in problem solving
- Demonstrates initiative to keep processes moving and on schedule.
- Understand and use computer tools such as Oracle.
- Achieve special process certification where applicable.
- Perform process inspection.
- Interface with other functional groups to update, inform, acknowledge or resolve problems related to business issues.
- Effectively interact with others.
- Meet cost goals and determine measures to obtain those goals.
- Participate in cost reduction plans.
- Participate in waste minimization efforts.
- Participate in audits.
This position is considered safety sensitive in accordance with FAA guidelines. Candidate will be subject to drug and alcohol testing per FAA’s regulation 14 CFR part 120, as well as 49 CFR part 40.
- Minimum Education: High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Ability to provide proof of US Persons status
- Ability to meet FAA requirements
- Previous manufacturing/assembly experience preferred.
- Electonics and or repair experience is preferred.
Collins Aerospace, a Raytheon Technologies company, is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers’ toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
Our Avionics team advances aviation electronics and information management solutions for commercial and military customers across the world. That means we’re helping passengers reach their destination safely. We’re connecting aircraft operators, airports, rail and critical infrastructure with intelligent data service solutions that keep passengers, flight crews and militaries connected and informed. And we’re providing industry-leading fire protection and safety systems that our customers can count on when it matters most. Are you ready to learn from the most knowledgeable experts in the industry, develop the technologies of tomorrow and reach new heights in your career? Join our Avionics team today.
Collins Aerospace Diversity & Inclusion Statement:
Diversity drives innovation; inclusion drives success. We believe a multitude of approaches and ideas enable us to deliver the best results for our workforce, workplace, and customers. We are committed to fostering a culture where all employees can share their passions and ideas so we can tackle the toughest challenges in our industry and pave new paths to limitless possibility.
WE ARE REDEFINING AEROSPACE.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
- Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution, including a Lifetime Income Strategy option
- Tuition reimbursement
- Life insurance and disability coverage
- Optional coverages you can buy: Pet Insurance, Home and Auto, additional life insurance, accident insurance, criticalillness insurance, group legal
- Ovia Health, fertility and family planning
- Employee Assistance Plan, including up to 5 free counseling sessions
- Redbrick - Incentives for a Healthy You
- Autism Benefit
- Doctor on Demand, virtual doctor visits
- Adoption Assistance
- Best Doctors, second opinion program
- And more!
Nothing matters more to Collins Aerospace than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
- Background check and drug screen required (every external new hire in the U.S.)
- Drug Screen only performed on re-hires who have been gone for more than 1 year
This position is considered safety sensitive in accordance with FAA Guidelines. Candidate will be subject to drug and alcohol testing per FAA’s regulation 14 CFR part 120, as well as 49 CFR part 40.
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms