Rotary Flight Training Site Lead/MentorBusinesses Raytheon Intelligence & Space Clearance type None / Not Required Relocation eligible No Ability to Telecommute No telecommuting Job ID 176383BR Most Recent Date Posted 04/20/2021 City Budapest State Hungary Country United States
Raytheon Technologies Global Training Services is seeking a SITE LEAD / MENTOR to be based OCONUS in BUDAPEST, HUNGARY in support of the Afghan Air Force (AAF) Mission Qualification (MQT) Training Program. The Site Lead reports directly to the Afghan Air Force (AAF) Task Order Manager (TOM) with matrixed reporting to the Program Management Office, Orlando, Florida, for operational and logistical support needs.
The Site Lead supports the Task Order Manager by providing direction and oversight of subcontractor civilian aviation training academies; student administrative requirements; and RTX administrative and logistical performance tasks.
The Site Lead/Mentor will be responsible for the mentorship and development of Afghanistan Air Force pilots undergoing training. The Site Lead/Mentor will apply their military or civilian aviation experience in order to ensure positive program and student results. The Site Lead/Mentor will reinforce training concepts delivered through subcontractors during and after normal training hours. The Site Lead/Mentor will present to various levels of leadership concerning program status and implementation and will be responsible for ensuring effective, timely, and sustained communication across the team, internal stakeholders, and the customer.
The Site Lead/Mentor shall implement and operate programs, practices, and procedures for developing Afghan Air Force student pilots undergoing UH-60 and MD-530 Mission Qualification Training (MQT) pilot training. Site Lead/Mentor will assist Afghan Air Force (AAF) student pilots with MQT-specific training. The Site Lead/Mentor will help establish a positive working and learning environment for student pilots through the application of basic military standards and discipline. Work location will be at a private aviation training academy.
ADDITIONAL JOB EXPECTATIONS:
* Oversight of students and subcontractors on technical Aviation performance requirements/tasks as scoped within the Performance Work Statement (PWS).
* Prepare Quarterly Quality Audits/Report on subcontractor performance.
* Enforce all Export/Import policies and procedures.
* Understand and be prepared to support functional staff in understanding all country labor laws, VISA requirements and US and Country Embassy Protocols.
* Cultivate customer relationships with maturity and professionalism, understanding the nuances of all internal and external stakeholders with the success of this high profile program.
* Expeditiously identify risks and corrective actions necessary to ensure positive program results and fast paced change management. Utilize R6S processes for continuous improvement.
* Assist in the review of purchase requisitions, purchase orders, and other documents to ensure material and service requirements are accurate and timely.
* Participates in performance and discipline review boards.
* Generate and implement informative briefs on student training to various Raytheon and government entities
* Establish and maintain key program metrics and schedules ensuring program meets customer’s needs and maintains schedule.
* Proactively identify, manage and escalate the program risks and opportunities, in accordance with specific financial goals and obligations.
* Use approved program tracking control systems and reports that accurately measure progress, identifies potential problems in sufficient time for corrective action to be taken and ensures the meeting of Raytheon’s contractual commitments.
* Prepare and present at weekly, biweekly, monthly and quarterly reviews with internal stakeholders and the customer
* Provide subject-matter expertise in all training related to the UH-60 and MD-530 Mission Qualification Training (MQT); training topics include: UH-60 and MD-530 crews Mission Qualification Training (MQT), Aircraft Commander Training (ACT), Instructor Pilot Training (IPT), Instructor Non-rated Crewmember Training (INRCT; for UH-60 only), Maintenance Test Pilot Training (MTPT), and NVG Qualification Training (NQT)
* Educate foreign students on military leadership protocols such as; military bearing, uniformity, integrity, leadership, discipline, and physical fitness.
* Monitor/audit classes being taught by the selected subcontractor.
* Manage students, student conduct, class/flight schedules, student discipline issues, customer requests and expectations.
* Develop strategies to promote student adherence to company and student regulations.
* Generate and shares comprehensive and detailed reports about student performance, mission-related goals, and deadlines.
WORK SCHEDULE DISCLOSURE:
Standard schedule will be a standard 40 hour work week, however work may include nights, holidays, and weekends on short notice.
CITIZENSHIP ELIGIBILITY DISCLOSURE:
* This position requires a U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization
* Must possess a US Passport with at least 6 months of remaining eligibility
* Must be able to obtain and maintain a Common Access Card via the National Agency Check with Inquiries (NACI) process.
Bachelor's degree from accredited school & eight (8) years of related experience, OR six (6) years related experience with Master's degree. Eight (8) years of additional equivalent work experience (16 total years) may be accepted in lieu of BA/BS education requirement.
REQUIRED SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
* 750+ hours of operational flight time as Pilot in Command, Instructor Pilot, and / or Test Pilot.
* Experienced in professional mentoring, foreign student training, and / or Train –Advise – Assist operations.
* Ability to patiently provide instruction to a non-native English speaking audience.
* Must be able to obtain a Hungarian Visa, as required
* Experience in contractor or subcontractor administration
* Proficiency with Excel and Microsoft Office automation resources
* Self-starter with good organizational skills who can work both autonomously and as a member of a team
* Experience in import/export compliance
* Demonstrated ability to interact with senior levels of leadership effectively – including customer, internal, teammates, and/or suppliers
* Demonstrated track record of developing customer relationships to fulfill their needs and ensure their satisfaction and continued business growth
* Experience in program management of training and sustainment programs. Effective interpersonal skills, and exceptional judgment and decision-making skills, with special focus on achieving engaged participation of appropriate team members across the business
* UH-60 or MD-530 Standardization Pilot
* UH-60 or MD-530 Instrument Evaluator
* Possess FAA CFI/CFII certification
* Experience teaching/instructing at both civilian and military flight school
* Teaching/Education experience
* Experience working overseas
* Previous experience training and advising foreign military soldiers
* Raytheon PM Level 4 Cert or ability to obtain within a year
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.