C-130 Aircrew Training Manager/Mentor (Slovak/Belgium)Businesses Raytheon Intelligence & Space Clearance type None / Not Required Relocation eligible No Ability to Telecommute No telecommuting Job ID 173777BR Date posted 01/13/2021 City Brussels State Belgium Country Belgium
C-130 Aircrew Training/Mentor Manager
Raytheon Technologies, Global Training & Logistics, is seeking a Training Manager/Mentor in support of the Afghan Air Force (AAF) C-130 Aircrew Training Program. The AAF C-130 Aircrew Training Program is conducted in two locations; Kosice, Slovakia and Brussels, Belgium. The Training Manager/Mentor reports to the CONUS-based Afghan Air Force (AAF) Task Order Manager (TOM) with matrixed reporting to the Program Management Office, Orlando, Florida, for operational and logistical support needs.
The Training Manager/Mentor supports the Task Order Manager by providing management oversight of subcontractor civilian aviation training academies, student administrative requirements, and RTX administrative and logistical performance tasks.
Additional responsibilities include the mentorship and development of Afghanistan Air Force pilots undergoing training. The Training Manager/Mentor will rely on her/his military or civilian aviation experience in order to ensure program and student success. The Training Manager/Mentor is required to ensure instructors reinforce training concepts delivered through subcontractors during and after normal training hours. The Training Manager/Mentor will deliver reports to various levels of leadership concerning program status and implementation, and will be responsible for ensuring effective, timely, and sustained communication across the team, leadership, and the customer. Must maintain professional and military grooming standards.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide oversight of mentors, students and subcontractors on technical aviation performance requirements/tasks as scoped within the Performance Work Statement (PWS).
- Educate foreign students on military leadership protocols such as military bearing, uniformity, integrity, leadership, discipline, and physical fitness.
- Prepare Quarterly Quality Audits/Report on subcontractor performance.
- Enforce all Export/Import policies and procedures.
- Understand and be prepared to support functional staff in understanding all country labor laws, VISA requirements and US and Country Embassy Protocols.
- Coordinate with PMO Orlando to manage monthly subcontractor invoice payments and terms and conditions.
- Manage customer relationships with maturity and professionalism, understanding the nuances of all internal and external stakeholders with the success of this high profile program.
- Expeditiously identify risks and corrective actions required to ensure program success and fast paced change management. Utilize R6S processes for continuous improvement.
- Assist in the review of purchase requisitions, purchase orders, and other documents to ensure material and service requirements are accurate and timely.
- Participates in performance and discipline review boards.
- Generate and execute informative briefs on student training to various Raytheon and government entities.
- Supervisor of one administrative and logistics support employee.
- Establishes and maintains key program metrics and schedules ensuring program meets customer’s needs and maintains schedule.
- Identifies, actively manages and escalates the program risks and opportunities, in accordance with specific financial goals and obligations.
- Uses approved program tracking control systems and reports that accurately measure progress, identifies potential problems in sufficient time for corrective action to be taken and ensures the meeting of Raytheon’s contractual commitments.
- Preparation and presentation at weekly, biweekly, monthly and quarterly reviews with internal leadership and the customer.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- 750+ hours of operational flight time as C-130 Pilot or Flight Engineer
- Read, write and speak English to a level where he or she could provide instruction to a non-native English speaker
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Common Access Card via the National Agency Check with Inquiries (NACI) process
- Must possess a US Passport with at least 6 months of remaining eligibility
- Must be able to obtain a Slovakia Visa
- This position requires a U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization
- Experience in contractor or subcontractor management
- Proficiency with Excel and Microsoft office automation tools
- Self-starter with good organizational skills who can work both independently and as a member of a team
- Experience in import/export compliance
- Demonstrated ability to interact with senior levels of leadership effectively – including customer, internal, teammates, and/or suppliers
- Experienced in mentoring, foreign student training, and / or Train –Advise – Assist operations
- Demonstrated track record of developing customer relationships to fulfill their needs and ensure their satisfaction and continued business growth
- Experience in program management of training and sustainment programs Strong interpersonal skills, and exceptional judgment and decision-making skills, with special focus on achieving active participation of appropriate individuals across the business
- Raytheon PM Level 4 Cert or ability to obtain within a year
Desired Skills & Qualifications:
- Military or contractor experience in Southwest Asia
- Prior C-130 Evaluator Pilot or Flight Engineer, Instructor Pilot or Flight Engineer
- Experience as Teacher / Educator and/or Flight Instructor
- Previous experience training and advising foreign military soldiers
Bachelor's degree from accredited school & eight (8) years of related experience, OR six (6) years related experience with Master's degree. Eight (8) years of additional equivalent work experience (16 total years) may be accepted in lieu of BA/BS education requirement.
This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.173777
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.