Principal Commercial SpecialistBusinesses Raytheon Intelligence & Space Clearance type SC Relocation eligible No Job ID 187414BR Most Recent Date Posted 09/20/2021 City Broughton Country United Kingdom
Req ID: 187414BR
Location: Flexible or remote home working
Travel/On-site Working: Must be able to travel to Broughton site when required
Reporting to the Commercial Manager, the Principal Commercial Specialist will be responsible for managing routine and non-routine Contracts of moderate value and complexity, identifying and managing commercial risk, leading Contract Management strategy and activity in respect of responses to Requests for Proposals, negotiating contracts and changes and Contributing to Business Area strategies.
- Post Contract Management
- Preparation Contract management strategies and plans at Business Area and Programme level.
- Development of innovative Contract solutions in support of responses to Requests for Proposal
- Negotiates Non-Standard Contract Agreements and changes
- Identifies and manages risk and opportunity, working collaboratively with customers and other project team members
- Administration of complex due diligence activity
- Responsible for programme financial performance associated with Contracts
- Responsible for Contract compliance and performance
- Responsible for delivery and invoicing of goods and services
- Maintenance of records
- Functional representative at customer and internal reviews including Gates, MRBs and EACs
- Produces business cases/ briefing materials for senior management reviews
- Participates in/leads cross-functional improvement activity
- Supports relationship management initiatives
- Post Contract management experience either with Government departments or commercial customers
- Basic programme management skill set – Risk Management/Programme Gating/ Metrics
- Experience of programme financial management
- Experience of negotiating and changing multiple types of non-standard agreement including all associated requirements.
- Strong record of problem solving
- Educated to Degree Level or equivalent although not essential with demonstrable relevant experience.
- Experience of dispute resolution
- Experience of working with UK or international suppliers or customers
- Knowledge of Teaming Agreements
- Team leader experience
- Experience of working within the Defence Industry.
About Raytheon UK
With facilities in Broughton, Glenrothes, Harlow, Gloucester, Manchester with presence across other customer sites also. Raytheon UK is invested in the British workforce and the development of UK technology. Across the country Raytheon UK employs 1,700 people and supports 8,000 jobs. As a prime contractor and major supplier to the U.K. Ministry of Defence, Raytheon continues to invest in research and development, supporting innovation and technological advances.
Raytheon UK is a landed company, part of the Raytheon Technologies organisation and sits within the Raytheon Intelligence & Space business
About Raytheon Technologies
Raytheon Technologies Corporation is an aerospace and defence company that provides advanced systems and services for commercial, military and government customers worldwide. It comprises four industry-leading businesses – Collins Aerospace Systems, Pratt & Whitney, Raytheon Intelligence & Space and Raytheon Missiles & Defence. Its 195,000 employees enable the company to operate at the edge of known science as they imagine and deliver solutions that push the boundaries in quantum physics, electric propulsion, directed energy, hypersonics, avionics and cyber security. The company, formed in 2020 through the combination of Raytheon Company and the United Technologies Corporation aerospace businesses, is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts.
Raytheon Career Development:
Raytheon has a wealth of resources available to help you develop your career from the moment you join. Activities range from on-line learning modules, to external training and support for taking professional qualifications relevant to your role.
- 25 days holiday + statutory public holidays
- Contributory Pension Scheme (up to 10.5% company contribution)
- 6 times salary ‘Life Assurance’
- Flexible Benefits scheme with extensive salary sacrifice scheme’s.
- Enhanced sick pay scheme
- Enhanced Family Friendly Policies, including enhanced Maternity & Shared Parental leave.
- 37hr working week, with an early finish Friday (hours may vary depending on role, job requirement or site specifics arrangements).
- Flexible working arrangements can be considered wherever we can (depending on the role) so please enquire or highlight any request to our Recruitment team to explore flexible working possibilities.
- Canteen facilities available at Harlow & Glenrothes sites and Manchester & Gloucester offer free snacks & drinks (hot & cold).
Diversity is a core business imperative at Raytheon. We are an equal opportunity employer that promotes inclusiveness and always employs the best professionals for the job. Having a diverse workforce allows Raytheon to draw upon a range of different ideas and experiences which supports growing our business and creates an environment where everyone has an equal opportunity for success. Raytheon UK pro-actively encourages diversity of ideas, thoughts, and networking opportunities and has created Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) including Raytheon Women's Network, YesNet (Young Employees Success Network), Raytheon Reservist Network (RaRe), Raytheon Alliance for Diverse Abilities (RADA), RayPride and all work together with our Diversity & Inclusion council, and all Raytheon employees are welcome to participate regardless of their background.
As a proud contributor to the HM Armed Forces, Raytheon UK signed the HM Armed Forces covenant in 2014. Due to the varied activities and support to our Armed Forces & Reservists,
Raytheon UK has since been awarded the prestigious Covenant ‘Gold Award’ Employee Recognition.
Raytheon UK recognise that our people are the critical factor in our success, and we strive to provide a challenging and rewarding careers.
Raytheon Application Process
To apply visit the Raytheon Technologies Global website https://jobs.rtx.com and search by req ID: 187414BR
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.