Test/Sustaining Engineering Intern (Summer 2021)Businesses Collins Aerospace Job ID 01407377 Date posted 09/01/2020 City Brea State California Country United States
Country:United States of America
Location:HCA11: Brea H&W 2727 Imperial Highway, Brea, CA, 92821 USA
Collins Aerospace, a Raytheon Technologies company, is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers’ toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
The high quality products we design, test and produce in our Mechanical Systems help millions of passengers reach their destinations safely – every day! From landing systems and actuation to propellers, flight controls and hoist and winch – the products we manufacture work together behind the scenes to enhance the overall flight experience. We delight our customers with superior products and best-in-class service. Our global team is committed to continuous improvement – we work hard to make our solutions lighter-weight, stronger and more technically advanced, so that plane travel can be safer, more affordable and more sustainable in the years to come. We are looking for the best and brightest to fly and land with us!
Supports one or more of the specified business functions. Exposed to and project participation in many functional areas. Expands and enhances basic knowledge in conjunction with academic subjects of study. Interacts with supervisors, team members, project leaders and other business functions.
- Supports functional staffs by performing basic and repetitive assignments.
- Participate in a variety of assignments in functional areas.
- Perform specific and limited portions of less complex assignments for higher-level staff.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Good working knowledge of Electrical Engineering / Mechanical Engineering
- Candidates should have a long-term interest in specified function
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Possess poise and the ability to interact with people in a professional manner
- Strong organizational skills
- Demonstrates critical thinking, problem solving and analysis skills
- Fluent in English and primary language used in area of responsibility and/or location
- Associates Degree in Related field
- Bachelor's Degree in Related field
- Must be enrolled as a full-time student in an accredited college or university studying toward a Bachelors/Associates degree in specified function
- Must complete the sophomore year in the major program of study prior to beginning a co-op
- Must have and maintain a minimum GPA of 2.5/4.0
- This is an entry-level position therefore previous experience is not required
- Hands-on work experience in specified function is helpful
- Requires a High School Diploma or equivalent and student must be pursuing a Bachelor's or advanced degree in an applicable discipline.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen.
Nothing matters more to Collins Aerospace than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
- Background check and drug screen required (every external new hire in the U.S.)
- Drug Screen only performed on re-hires who have been gone for more than 1 year
Diversity drives innovation; inclusion drives success. We believe a multitude of approaches and ideas enable us to deliver the best results for our workforce, workplace, and customers. We are committed to fostering a culture where all employees can share their passions and ideas so we can tackle the toughest challenges in our industry and pave new paths to limitless possibility.
WE ARE REDEFINING AEROSPACE.
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms