Sustainment EngineerBusinesses Collins Aerospace Job ID 01408143 Date posted 08/31/2020 City Brea State California Country United States
Country:United States of America
Location:HCA11: Brea H&W 2727 Imperial Highway, Brea, CA, 92821 USA
This position is for a Sustainment engineer with deep technical expertise and experience in executing sustainment projects and supporting operations. Sustainment Engineer is responsible for process compliance/improvements, resolution of daily production issues, removing barriers for operations and repair teams with strong engineering problem solving skills and implementation of improvement initiatives. The position interfaces with plant operators, process/project engineers, maintenance technicians and management personnel to coordinate technical activities in operating areas. Duties also include involvement in hazard reviews, incident investigations, waste minimization, productivity improvements, product quality, SPC and operator training.
- Provide overall expertise to the sustaining engineering group in Hoist and Winch Systems development.
- Provide services by being an engineering focal to Quality, Operations, and MRO teams for product issues, operation equipment and providing customer support.
- Performs complex structural analysis utilizing classical hand analysis and finite element analysis methods demonstrate structural integrity of Hoist and Winch products.
- Reviews and approves structural analysis documentation in support of product development certification.
- Planning and specifying process changes, component changes, MRB Authority and interacting with internal and customer. Supplier interaction to provide technical direction for non-conformance and compliance with standards.
- Knowledge of vibration environment and standards for Aerospace applications.
- Leads or participates in failure investigation efforts, providing overall technical support, Experience with Problem solving and root cause analysis.
- Lead and develop testing methods and procedures to qualify design changes to new or existing customer requirements.
- Create/modify documents and drawings needed to support internal and contractual requirements, leading focus teams as necessary for complex projects/problems.
- Communicate with customers to provide technical information, engineering recommendations, action plans, and risk assessments.
- Perform transient, static and dynamic analyses using ANSYS/Mechanica as required including hand or FEA calculations.
- Performs complex engineering activities that may not be attributed to a defined discipline and provides guidance to less senior employees.
- Creates and implements common procedures and standards for routine work across the organization.
- Bachelor’s degree and 5 years of relevant experience OR
- Advance degree and 3 years of relevant experience OR
- In absence of a degree, 9 years of relevant experience is required
- Must be a U.S. Person/Permanent Resident “Green Card” holder
Candidate Profile (Preferred Experience/Qualifications):
- Mechanical Engineering design and analysis (stress analysis, material properties, Fatigue analysis) and problem solving mindset.
- Knowledge of FAA regulations FAR part 27 OR part 29.
- Analysis skills for solving complex engineering problems.
- Knowledge in modeling, NX preferred.
- Computer skills and ability to learn new analysis/modeling software.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical customers.
- Prioritizing and managing work load
- Multi task between multiple projects and work in a fast paced environment.
Collins Aerospace, a Raytheon Technologies company, is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers’ toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
The high quality products we design, test and produce in our Mechanical Systems help millions of passengers reach their destinations safely – every day! From landing systems and actuation to propellers, flight controls and hoist and winch – the products we manufacture work together behind the scenes to enhance the overall flight experience. We delight our customers with superior products and best-in-class service. Our global team is committed to continuous improvement – we work hard to make our solutions lighter-weight, stronger and more technically advanced, so that plane travel can be safer, more affordable and more sustainable in the years to come. We are looking for the best and brightest to fly and land with us!
We make modern flight possible for millions of travelers and our military every second. Our major product lines are on-board virtually every aircraft flying. Be it keeping passengers safe with our emergency power generation systems or creating a positive in-flight experience through reliable cabin pressure controls and quieter engines, Power & Controls focuses on delivering a best-in-class experience to our customers. We hire the top people in the industry. Their ideas drive our performance, and their integrity keeps our customers happy. Join us as we take flight!
Collins Aerospace Diversity & Inclusion Statement:
Diversity drives innovation; inclusion drives success. We believe a multitude of approaches and ideas enable us to deliver the best results for our workforce, workplace, and customers. We are committed to fostering a culture where all employees can share their passions and ideas so we can tackle the toughest challenges in our industry and pave new paths to limitless possibility.
WE ARE REDEFINING AEROSPACE.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
- Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution, including a Lifetime Income Strategy option
- Tuition reimbursement
- Life insurance and disability coverage
- Optional coverages you can buy: Pet Insurance, Home and Auto, additional life insurance, accident insurance, critical illness insurance, group legal
- Ovia Health, fertility and family planning
- Employee Assistance Plan, including up to 5 free counseling sessions
- Redbrick - Incentives for a Healthy You
- Autism Benefit
- Doctor on Demand, virtual doctor visits
- Adoption Assistance
- Best Doctors, second opinion program
- And more!
Nothing matters more to Collins Aerospace than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
- Background check and drug screen required (every external new hire in the U.S.)
- Drug Screen only performed on re-hires who have been gone for more than 1 year
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms