Senior Principal Software Architect-Boston, MassachusettsBusinesses Raytheon Intelligence & Space Clearance type Secret Relocation eligible No Ability to Telecommute Temporary telecommuting - during COVID-19 Job ID 177876BR Most Recent Date Posted 04/28/2021 City Boston State MA Country United States
Life with Raytheon Intelligence & Space:
Engineering solves some of the most difficult technology challenges in our industry. We deliver high-performance solutions and provide an extensive technology pipeline to fuel business growth today and beyond. We achieve our vision through a program that leverages our highly skilled, diverse and motivated team, collaborating to design and develop products using strict process discipline with a thorough focus on technology and innovation. We strive to grow our people with exciting new challenges, on-the-job training, mentoring and purposeful rotations. Bring your experience and skills to the Raytheon Technologies engineering team
This position is located in Boston, MA with limited telecommuting/remote capability. Relocation Assistance is authorized.
What You'll Get to Do:
As a Senior Principal Software Architect, you will work on focused projects primarily at the Air Force Kessel Run Experimentation Lab (KREL) in Boston, with a team of SW Architects, Product Managers, UX designers, Full Stack SW developers, Platform Engineers and Cyber Security professionals. You will also support the Air Force customer by transforming Air Operations Center (AOC) legacy applications, which comprise a vast spectrum of programming languages, operating systems and framework types, to run as containerized applications and micro-services on cloud native platforms.
You'll Bring These Qualifications:
- Must be a U.S. citizen with the ability to obtain/maintain a U.S. Government security clearance
- Minimum of 10 years of experience developing architectures for software and data intensive systems with highly complex user interfaces.
- “Hands on” experience in Java and the capacity to support SW Product development teams that are using an Agile / DevSecOps approach with User Centered Design (UCD), Doman Driven Development (DDD) and eXtreme Programming (XP) techniques.
- Ability to work closly with Customers and End Users to architect solutions that improve operational workflows
- Practical experience with Agile / DevSecOps
- Java expert with experience and familiarity building modern cloud based applications using Spring frameworks
- Experience with Go Lang and NodeJS back end languages
- Experience developing, integrating and testing software, including 3rd party applications
- Experience developing Twelve-Factor applications (micro-services) and using a Domain Driven Design
- Experience transforming legacy, monolithic applications into cloud native applications (micro-services or containers) that run on commercial platforms
- Experience with portfolio analysis and workload migration
- Experience with major cloud service providers e.g. Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud
- Experience with container technologies and container orchestration is essential
- Experience architecting an event driven system of micro-services that work together to achieve a mission result
- Experience evolving architectures including Application Interfaces (APIs), events, and integrations
- Experience integrating and contract testing across micro-services
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Team player with strong interpersonal and negotiation skills
- Extensive experience working directly with Customers and dealing diplomatically, with program issues while recommending potential solutions and identifying risks
- Enterprise Architecture (EA) and Solution Architecture experience using TOGAF, Zachman and other frameworks
- Command and Control (C2) systems and/or Air Operations Center (AOC) domain knowledge
- Advanced degree – M.S. in one of the following: Computer Science, Math, or other science related course
- AWS or Microsoft Azure Solution Architect certification
- DoD Secret Clearance or higher
Bachelor Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Math or other relevant technical discipline.
What We can Offer You:
- A company that is committed to fostering mentorship and career development for their team members
- Ability to work with professionals around the country who thrive in a culture that celebrates the contributions of its employees.
- The ability to continue your career in a challenging and collaborative organization
- Flexible work hours that will allow you to balance qualify work and your personal life.
- Benefits: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short-term disability, long-term disability, 401(k) match, flexible spending accounts, EAP, education assistance, parental leave, paid time off, and holidays
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.