Sr Linux Systems Admin/Platform EngineerBusinesses Raytheon Intelligence & Space Clearance type Secret - Current Relocation eligible Yes Ability to Telecommute Part time telecommuting Job ID 189853BR Most Recent Date Posted 12/02/2021 City Boston State MA Country United States
As a Platform Reliability Engineer, you will receive training in PCF and Kubernetes then be responsible for installation, maintenance, upgrades, monitoring, and management of these technologies as a managed service in the unclassified GovCloud Amazon Web Services (AWS) environment and the classified SIPRNET Kessel Run environment. Along with managing the entire deployment and operations lifecycle of these platforms and supporting technologies, you will also handle the deployment of applications onto the platforms.
Work is primarily on site at either the Kessel Run location at 1 Beacon St., Boston, MA OR on Langley AFB, Hampton VA. There will some remote work (~20%) allowed. There may be occasional travel for meetings and program support.
This role will include, but is not limited to tasks like the following:
- Create, implement, and manage Pivotal Cloud Foundry/Kubernetes deployments
- Set up and maintain AWS environments.
- Provide expertise for operational management of monitoring, platform management, disaster recovery, security compliance/auditing, networking, storage, service brokers and buildpacks
- Manage virtualized Linux (Ubuntu and Amazon Linux) and Windows (2013 and above) systems
- Set up administrator and service accounts, maintaining system documentation and troubleshooting
- Uses scripting tools to automate processes
- Works closely with developers in troubleshooting issues.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen with a DoD Secret Security clearance (or higher)
- Subject Matter Expertise in AWS and System Administration of Linux/Unix Operating System
- Experience developing automation solutions with competence in scripting languages for automating frequently executed activities.
- Experience solving problems at the Linux/Unix command line
- Experience with Kubernetes
- Experience in an Agile/DevOps/DevSecOps environment
- Experience troubleshooting Operating Systems and Applications
- Experience with production systems and dealing with production issues
- Strong experience working as part of a team collaborating on problem resolution.
- 8+ years of experience in related fields or technologies to this job description
- DoD 8570.01 IAT Level 2 (or higher) - Level 2 requires one or more of the following Professional Certifications: Security+ CE, CCNA Security, GICSP, GSEC, SSCP
- Experience with Cloud Foundry or Pivotal Cloud Foundry
- Experience with cloud-based data storage and data backup
- Working knowledge of networking concepts and experience with relevant technologies such as Load Balancers/DNS/SSL/Firewalls/NAT/NTP
- A software development or DevOps automation background.
- Experience administering the Windows Server operating system
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code (IAC) tools (e.g. Chef, Puppet, Ansible)
University Degree (Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer Science or a related engineering field preferred); OR 8 additional years of Engineering, Computer or Information Science applicable professional experience in lieu of degree.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.