Sr Systems Engineer II - Infrastucture DevOpsBusinesses Raytheon Intelligence & Space Clearance type None / Not Required Relocation eligible Yes Job ID 164204BR Date posted 07/01/2020 City Aurora State CO Country United States
Are you looking for an engineering career that is challenging and satisfying? Then join our team of engineers solving problems that make the world a safer place and help to secure our great nation! Come support those who provide us with all the freedoms we enjoy.
We offer great benefits that include medical, dental, vision, 401K match, flexible work schedule - just to name a few. Click here to view a brief video and learn more: https://youtu.be/YNuZN0vyzHg
The Hardware and Infrastructure Engineering (HW&I) team is seeking an Infrastructure DevOps Engineer. The DevOps Engineer will be responsible for designing, implementing and supporting DevOps solutions for the Joint Polar Satellite System (JPSS) Common Ground System (CGS) program, a state-of-the-art ground station for the next generation of low earth orbiting environment satellites. This system provides global coverage, monitors environment conditions, collects, disseminates and processes data about the Earth’s Weather, Atmosphere, Oceans, Land, and Near-Space environment.
The ideal candidate will join the Infrastructure IPT and collaborate with HW&I to understand and implement best practices, participate and periodically lead small teams, execute trade studies, prototypes and operational deployments, mentor team members, create metrics and prepare and present status to leadership.
- Leverage company best practices and capabilities to assist programs with deployment, implementation, modernization and support of DevSecOps software solutions
- Support software tool customization and automation including deployment of templates, dashboards and scripts to support program needs
- Assist engineering teams with development and support of build/test pipeline and integration, optimizing for performance and scalability across both cloud and on premise computing environments
- Provide guidance on software engineering tool hardware infrastructure resource requirements
- Assist engineers with tool usage and issues, leveraging standards and best practices
- Provide guidance on engineering tool hardware infrastructure resource requirement
- Must be a US Citizen
- Direct experience with different Project Management methodologies (Scrum, Waterfall, Kanban, Agile)
- Advanced experience with Containerization and Orchestration (Docker, Kubernetes, OpenShift)
- Experience with DevOps philosophies
- Experience deploying and supporting CI/CD tooling, pipelines and automation solutions in a business/enterprise environment
- Experience provisioning cloud-based infrastructure such as AWS
- Experience using Configuration Management processes - Version Control of software and applications using ClearCase, Gitlab, Artifactory and familiarity with Defects, Change Requests and Help Desk tickets using ClearQuest or Jira
- Experience implementing code/artifact control tools such as ClearCase, Gitlab, Artifactory including branching best practices
- Experience with the architecture and design of COTS Infrastructure (IT)
- Experience with Windows and/or Linux System Administration
- Scripting skills (i.e. PowerShell, Python, Ruby, bash, etc.)
- General working knowledge of networks, storage, and virtualization
- The ability to effectively plan their own work and the work of others on the team
- The ability to work independently, without much supervision, and ensure project goals are met
- Proven analytical skills with the ability to troubleshoot complex tool and system operation performance issues with services and devices spanning multiple network boundaries
- Experience in technical leadership and mentoring team members
- Ability to prepare and present status, plans, and risks to management
- Background in COTS/FOSS product installation, configuration and integration
- Expert level skill with Kubernetes and containers
- Expert level skill with automation tools such as Chef (preferred), Puppet, Ansible, Terraform
Requires a degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) from a Nationally Accredited Educational Institution and 6+ years of related work experience.
Raytheon Technologies is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.