Senior Java Software Developer (TS/SCI)Businesses Raytheon Intelligence & Space Clearance type TS/SCI - Current Relocation eligible Yes Ability to Telecommute No telecommuting Job ID 178691BR Most Recent Date Posted 05/05/2021 City Aurora State CO Country United States
Life with Raytheon Intelligence and Space
In this role, you will work with an amazing team of software engineers that is leading the industry in space-enabled information, Command, and Control systems solutions. The M2C2 program provides ground system development, integration, operations and sustainment for next generation, cutting-edge, extensible frameworks for satellite ground Mission Management, Command & Telemetry, and Flight Dynamics
This position can be located in Aurora, Colorado. Relocation assistance is authorized for this position.
What You'll Get to Do:
As a Senior Java Software Developer/Integrator Engineer, you will be part of a development team which utilizes a diverse dynamic workforce, including many experts in their fields throughout the design, development and maintenance life cycle. On the M2C2 program you will work with teams of talented engineers to develop and improve advanced algorithms that handle large data sets with complex constraints.
As Senior Software Engineer, you will be responsible:
- Developing new functional capabilities within software applications to meet a wide range of customer requirements and operational needs
- Responsible for performing development, integration, test and documentation duties to ensure proper operation of hardware and software platforms
- Integrating a wide variety of applications from various sources, and ensuring they meet performance standards for stability and resource utilization
- Develop software, tailor reusable software, and integrate software components
- Adhere to accepted standards for development, including writing unit tests which provide a high percentage of code coverage, participating in peer code reviews, conducting design reviews , and generating test plans to ensure maximum stability and quality of code
You'll Bring These Qualifications:
- Must be a U.S. citizen with an current/active U.S. Government TS/SCI security clearance
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Math or other relevant technical discipline.
- Experience with Object Oriented Analysis (OOA) and Object Oriented Design (OOD) skills
- Experience developing/programming skills in Java
- Proficiency in Unix and/or Linux
- 4 years of relevant work experience
- Knowledge and understanding of software development life cycles
- Strong oral and written communication skills; problem solving skills
- Experience developing/programming skills in C++
- Experience with Software design tools such as Rational Rose, Rhapsody, or comparable tools
- Experience with scripting is a plus (Ruby, Perl, Python, PHP, etc.)
- Experience with Agile is a plus (Scrum, Kanban, Scrumban, SAFe, etc)
- Experience and/or knowledge with Web Service design and development
- Experience and/or knowledge with Service Oriented Architecture
- Experience and/or knowledge with Security related software development
- Experience and/or knowledge with one or more databases (Mongo, Postgres)
- Experience and/or knowledge with an Integrated Development Environment (IDE) like Eclipse
- Experience and/or knowledge with DevOps and Continuous Integration
- Ability to design, develop, integrate and maintain new software functionality
- Ability to work with previously written code and make modifications as necessary
- Ability to work closely with other disciplines (systems, networking, IS, configuration management, and test engineers) to troubleshoot and fix problems
- Contribute to the completion of program and project milestones under the specific guidance of his/her immediate supervisor
- Ability to follow established SW processes and procedures, development, documentation and maintenance/management of operations concepts, requirements (system, element, segment level), external and internal interfaces, and other software engineering work products/artifacts
- Knowledge and/or experience with mission management/scheduling/flight dynamics, to include: Satellite ground systems, Mission Management systems, Planning and Scheduling, Command and Telemetry, Flight Dynamics models, Digital Signal Processing (FFTs, modulation/demodulation techniques
- A company that is committed to fostering mentorship and career development for their team members
- Ability to work with professionals around the country who thrive in a culture that celebrates the contributions of its employees.
- The ability to continue your career in a challenging and collaborative organization
- Flexible work hours that will allow you to balance qualify work and your personal life.
- Benefits: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short-term disability, long-term disability, 401(k) match, flexible spending accounts, EAP, education assistance, parental leave, paid time off, and holidays
“In compliance with Colorado’s Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, the salary range for this role is $84,000 to $118,400; however, Raytheon Technologies considers several factors when extending an offer, including but not limited to, the role and associated responsibilities, a candidate’s work experience, education/training, and key skills.”
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.