Software Engineering ManagerBusinesses Raytheon Intelligence & Space Clearance type TS/SCI with CI Poly - Current Relocation eligible No Ability to Telecommute No telecommuting Job ID 184870BR Most Recent Date Posted 08/04/2021 City Aurora State CO Country United States
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Software development in JAVA and/or C++ within the context of the full software development lifecycle, including software requirements, design, development, debug and test.
- Ability to integrate complex software and hardware subsystems and resolve identified conflicting issues.
- Support to the design, development, integration and maintenance of new software functionality.
- Leverage previously written code and make modifications as necessary.
- Work closely with other disciplines (systems engineering, networking, configuration management, and hardware engineers) to troubleshoot and fix problems.
- Respond to operational issues and troubleshoot discrepancies written against the system.
- Describe complex and diverse engineering topics effectively.
- Lead the design teams and provide technical oversight to team members. This will include leading design reviews, team meetings and program/customer meetings as needed.
- Lead design performance & cost trade-offs for proposed engineering changes.
- Prepare and manage man-power loading across the period of performance.
- Work with program manager and functional management to align staffing needs with appropriation of assignments.
- Support the professional development of team members and ensure senior technical personnel knowledge share to more junior personnel.
- An active and in-scope U.S. TS/SCI security clearance with C.I. polygraph.
- Bachelor’s degree (preferably in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics field) and a minimum of 8 years of relevant experience.
- Proficiency in C++, JAVA, versioning control, and documenting bugs/fixes in a UNIX/Linux environment.
- Demonstrated experience leading a team and ability to work effectively in a dynamic technical environment.
- Demonstrated ability to work to a schedule and meet deliverable dates.
- Maintain positive team dynamics with a team-success based attitude
- Able to perform all aspects of the software development lifecycle to include requirements definition and design, use case development, software development, testing and maintenance.
- Develop and test resolutions to discrepancies and enhancements.
- Develop and update documentation affected by software changes and ensures software standards are met.
- Knowledge of troubleshooting, testing, fixing & configuration management techniques and tools.
- Self-starter who works well within a team environment and has excellent interpersonal, organizational and communication skills.
- Must be able to support core hours 9am-3pm. The position allows for a flexible schedule but generally requires daytime support during core hours, with occasional after-hours call-in support for a 24x7 operations team to resolve issues based on mission criticality and management guidance.
- Must have a current DODI 8570.1-M IAT Level I certification or must obtain the certification within first 60 days of employment.
- Will require minimal travel (less than 5%) for maintenance and emergency repair trips. Travel may include destinations that are CONUS or OCONUS. Passport will be required for potential OCONUS travel.
- Proficiency in Unix, Linux, and Windows Operating Systems and development environment
- Experience with:
- Satellite, ground, and/or communications systems development
- TCPIP sockets
- Programming Field Programmable Gate Arrays (FPGA)
- SQL databases
- Custom hardware interfaces
- OS drivers
Benefits offered: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short-term disability, long-term disability, 401(k) match, flexible spending accounts, EAP, education assistance, parental leave, paid time off, and holidays.
This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.184870
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.