Senior Software EngineerBusinesses Raytheon Intelligence & Space Clearance type TS/SCI with CI Poly - Current Relocation eligible No Ability to Telecommute No telecommuting Job ID 184466BR Most Recent Date Posted 07/26/2021 City Aurora State CO Country United States
Raytheon Intelligence and Space provides Operations and Maintenance support for the Intelligence Community
We are seeking a Senior Software Engineer (Principal Specialist)who is interested in working in a collaborative and dynamic environment based out of Aurora, CO. We offer the opportunity to engage with all levels of team members and welcome new ideas and solutions. Our team is dedicated to supporting our customer and focused on achieving success, while maintaining a healthy work-life balance.
Responsibilities will include providing updates/enhancements to existing software, developing new software and maintaining operability of our system. Support for our systems requires attention to all phases of our software process: Design & Development, Verification, Documentation, Peer Review, Milestone Reporting and support to the Independent Test Organization.
The candidate must be able to:
- Support other engineers with design, development, integration and maintenance of new software
- Provide modifications to defective code
- Analyze and resolve anomalies related to software, system configuration, network interfaces and operating system issues and be able to communicate the issue and recommended solutions and alternatives
- Interface with and provide support to users and customers
- Work independently in a team environment and be able to share ideas and responsibilities
- Adhere to rigid customer defined integration processes and follow established SW processes and procedures
A Bachelor's degree, preferably in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) field, and 5 years of relevant experience are required to be considered for this role.
- An active and in-scope U.S. TS/SCI security clearance with C.I. polygraph.
- Experience with operational trouble shooting experience
- Experience in software design, development and maintenance
- A working knowledge of UNIX/LINUX operating systems
- Ability to lead and participate in medium scale software projects
- Experience in object oriented programming (C++, Java)
- Experience in scripting languages such as csh, perl, ksh, bash
- Familiarity with software/CM processes and experience in an operations and maintenance environment
- Ability to act quickly and logically under stressful situations
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Familiarity with software/CM processes (Clearcase, GIT)
- Familiarity with DevOps practices and tools
In compliance with Colorado’s Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, the salary range for this role is $70,000 to $150,000; however, Raytheon Technologies considers several factors when extending an offer, including but not limited to, the role and associated responsibilities, a candidate’s work experience, education/training, and key skills.
Benefits offered: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short-term disability, long-term disability, 401(k) match, flexible spending accounts, EAP, education assistance, parental leave, paid time off, and holidays.
This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.184466
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.