Senior Software EngineerBusinesses Raytheon Intelligence & Space Clearance type TS/SCI with CI Poly - Current Relocation eligible No Ability to Telecommute No telecommuting Job ID 184451BR Most Recent Date Posted 08/24/2021 City Aurora State CO Country United States
Key Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Perform as technical subject matter expert for software products and interface with Prime customer on daily basis on mission execution
- Supports troubleshooting, maintenance, and documentation of software applications
- Expected to troubleshoot and isolate sources of system errors or unexpected performance
- Determines the operational feasibility of software modifications
- Work autonomously or lead teams to develop software tools to complement maintenance activities
- Performs testing, integration and delivery of new software baselines
- Some team leadership duties may be required
- An active and in-scope U.S. TS/SCI security clearance with C.I. polygraph.
- A Bachelor’s degree, preferably in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics field, and 5 years of related experience.
- Ability to work in a structured configuration-controlled environment, primarily focused on the support and maintenance of real-time software applications on an Operations and Maintenance (O&M) contract
- Expertise in software development and integration, database management and utilization, networks and system administration
- Thorough analytical skills and ability to recommend and implement solutions to software engineering problems and issues (some of which may occur outside normal day staff hours)
- Ability to perform in-depth analysis and assessment with an end-to-end perspective of a complex system in operations
- Experience leading software projects
- Familiarity with scripting languages: PERL, GIT, Java Script, TCL/TK, Bash, Python, etc.
- Required to interface across the company at all three primary team locations as well as back to the factory/development teams; helping distill a single voice for the program from a SW perspective
- Provide support to installs and system upgrades by participating in integration working groups, factory checkouts, site checkouts, installation planning meetings and rehearsals at any of the 3 operations sites.
- Ability to identify the need for developing, testing and installing Category 3 software across the business
- Expertise with software configuration management systems and processes
- Must have the ability to identify and isolate discrepancies to software, database, scripts or configurations
- Broad technical understanding of various operational systems in this environment
- Requires ability to work under pressure, restoring high-priority systems to operations, as well as the ability to multi-task in a dynamic environment with changing priorities
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team with minimal supervision to support tasks
- Excellent verbal and written communication, interpersonal, team-building skills, and a reputation for establishing good customer relationships
- Demonstrated ability to mentor junior team members
- Self-motivated, excellent time management and organizational skills
- Experience working in an O&M environment
- Experience working an enterprise program with team members located at multiple geographic locations
- Linux/Unix, GIT, and database experience
- JIRA, BitBucket and Confluence experience desired
- Security+ certification
- Experience with current IC or DoD operational environments and policies or supporting operational systems
- Familiarity with the request for change (RFC) process
In compliance with Colorado’s Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, the salary range for this role is $70,000 to $150,000; however, Raytheon Technologies considers several factors when extending an offer, including but not limited to, the role and associated responsibilities, a candidate’s work experience, education/training, and key skills.
Benefits offered: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short-term disability, long-term disability, 401(k) match, flexible spending accounts, EAP, education assistance, parental leave, paid time off, and holidays.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.