Senior Cyber Design IIBusinesses Raytheon Intelligence & Space Clearance type None / Not Required Relocation eligible No Ability to Telecommute Temporary telecommuting - during COVID-19 Job ID 168827BR Date posted 01/19/2021 City Aurora State CO Country United States
Raytheon Intelligence & Space (RI&S) directorate has a Security Controls Assessor (SCA) position opening in the Cybersecurity & Compliance group. This position will play a critical role in protecting company Information Systems and Computing Environments that may store or process valuable company data from potential cyber-attacks and help maintain our company's reputation as a cyber-security leader.
This position will work closely with personnel from various RI&S functions (Engineering, Operations, etc.) and Programs to ensure their Information Systems and Computing Environments are properly secured prior to operational deployment and maintain an acceptable security posture throughout their operational lifecycle.
The position will leverage deep technical cybersecurity skills as well as effective collaboration with both technical and management-level personnel. This position will be viewed as a reliable and respected Subject Matter Expert (SME) in the field of cybersecurity across the company and will also support Raytheon participation in security forums and standards working groups.
- Support the development of methodologies that extends knowledge in the Cybersecurity and Risk Management areas to be used as the basis of newly developed concepts, theories, and procedures
- Apply advanced techniques and scientific principles to identify creative solutions to system-specific challenges in risk management and information assurance
- Serve as a principal advisor on all matters involving the security of SAS Information Systems (IS) and Computing Environments
- Capturing and refining security requirements for IS to which they are assigned
- Collaborate with SAS IT Security, IS Owners and Administrators to determine IS boundaries and develop System Security Plans (SSP)
- Supporting assessments of IS against their SSPs, development of Plans of Action and Milestones (POAMs) to address gaps, and ensuring IS achieve and maintain a Authority to Operate (ATO)
- Ensuring their assigned IS operate in accordance with their SSPs and maintain an acceptable security posture throughout their operational lifecycle
- Knowledge of network technologies/protocols and computer security concepts in large scale enterprise technology environment.
- Strong comprehension of Information Security practices including identifying risks, emerging cyber security threats, and risk mitigation processes.
- Good social, verbal, and written communication skills, with demonstrated ability to effectively present analytical data to a variety of technical and non-technical audiences.
- Strong deductive reasoning, critical thinking, problem solving, and prioritization skills.
- Demonstrated fluency in the implementation and assessment of systems based on NIST 800-37 (Risk Management Framework) and its related control frameworks such as NIST 800-53R4
- Firm command of cyber compliance regimes and concepts (i.e. DFARS 252.204-7012, ISO 27001, UK Cyber Essentials) and their accompanying control requirements (i.e. NIST SP 800-171R1)
- Certified security expert – CISSP or CISM
- Master's (M.S./M.A.) degree in Cybersecurity or related field
- Familiarity with project management concepts
- Demonstrated ability to lead, manage and be fully accountable in a geographically dispersed virtual and fast paced work environment.
Required Education (including Major):
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited College or University in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Cyber Security or a related discipline
This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.168827
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.