Principal Systems Engineer-Infrastructure Architect Lead-Aurora, ColoradoBusinesses Raytheon Intelligence & Space Clearance type TS/SCI - Current Relocation eligible Yes Ability to Telecommute No telecommuting Job ID 183927BR Most Recent Date Posted 07/14/2021 City Aurora State CO Country United States
Our facility in Aurora, CO offers amenities that create work and life balance. On site we have a 24/7 fitness facility, health center, cafeteria, collaboration rooms and dynamic break areas for easy conversation and socialization. Additionally, we provide employee appreciation lunches, bonus opportunities, and great benefits that include medical, dental, vision, 401K match, flexible work schedule - just to name a few. Click here to view a brief video and learn more: https://youtu.be/YNuZN0vyzHg
Raytheon Technologies is seeking an Infrastructure Architect/Lead with experience in both traditional infrastructure design; provisioning of platform, storage, and networking resources for existing on premise infrastructure hardware that ideally also has experience in emerging DevOps/DevSecOps & Service Mesh technologies. The Infrastructure Architect/Lead would be engaged in the design and architecture of the system, and will interface both with the Program’s Sr. Management as well as interface with the customer for Technical Exchange Meetings (TEMs) as required.
The Infrastructure Architect/Lead would be responsible to support design, development and implementation of traditional compute/network/storage deployments, as well as support improving the program platform’s over-arching design through new emerging technologies and use of DevOps/DevSecOps tools and automation primarily in the O/S, COTS stack. This includes existing operating systems and existing server hardware designs, as well as supporting the design and development of new Cloud based designs and architectures. Note: This position may require some travel (20% or less) or on call support/overtime.
This position is eligible for a sign on bonus up to $12K for a candidate with a current TS/SCI that can be verified when hired.
Clearance Requirements: Current Active TS/SCI
• Current Active TS/SCI Security Clearance
• Knowledge and hands on experience in the integration and deployment of software systems to multiple test and operational environments
• Extensive Linux development experience
• Ability to identify, manage, and mitigate technical risk
• Ability to support contract studies and provide new solutions for a hybrid approach to future Ground Terminal/data compute environments
• Senior level technical consulting experience including experience interfacing with both internal and external stakeholders
• Experience with complex satellite ground systems, particularly previous deployment of developed systems to ground system and data processing operations
• Excellent experience in the design and architecture of cloud (AWS, Azure, etc.) infrastructure environments.
• Experience in SAN/NAS designs and implementation
• Experience in Security and related Security patching/implementing STIGs as required
• Experience with the Agile development lifecycle
• Security+ certification will be required within 90 days after hire.
• Understanding of DevOps/DevSecOps developments
• Hands on experience designing, implementing, and supporting Kubernetes environments
• Experience designing, implementing and supporting Service Mesh environments
• Broad experience developing automated infrastructure testing of large system deployments using Ansible, Terraform, Docker, and/or Jenkins (Ansible and Terraform highly preferred)
• Knowledge of Enterprise Application development and deployment processes
• Prior experience implementing code / artifact control tools such as Git
• Experience with SAFe agile processes
• RHEL Development Experience
• Technical leadership experience; including mentoring, coaching, and building high performing Engineering teams
• Existing Security+ Certification
Education and Experience Requirements:
Bachelor’s Degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM), or related STEM Degree program from an Accredited University, School, and/or College required with 8+ years of relevant work experience.
Benefits offered: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short-term disability, long-term disability, 401(k) match, flexible spending accounts, EAP, education assistance, parental leave, paid time off, and holidays.
In compliance with Colorado’s Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, the salary range for this role is $98,700 to $187,500; however, Raytheon Technologies considers several factors when extending an offer, including but not limited to, the role and associated responsibilities, a candidate’s work experience, education/training, and key skills.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.