Principal Systems ArchitectBusinesses Raytheon Intelligence & Space Clearance type TS/SCI Relocation eligible Yes Job ID 164782BR Date posted 07/21/2020 City Aurora State CO Country United States
Rated the best at what we do, Raytheon Technologies builds world class satellite ground systems and counters national security threats through cyber solutions. We are a state-of-the-art technology company because of our innovative thinkers.
Our employees matter. Your contribution is vital to everything we build. As you drive the next phase of your career you will find solutions to complex challenges and have the opportunity to mentor team members by sharing your insight and experience. The Raytheon Technologies culture fosters collaboration and respect while doing meaningful work.
Join us! Together, we will support critical missions, develop solutions and shape products of the future.
The Systems Architect (SA) contributes to a team of systems engineers in accomplishment of system and segment engineering tasks in an iterative development environment. The SA provides technical direction and clarification of requirements and design to the software development teams and Integration, Verification and Validation (IV&V) personnel.
The SA will displays extensive and substantial practical knowledge and experience of the System Architect area and will provide guidance to others including junior engineers encountering unusual situations. Identifies the project, enterprise and technology needs affecting the definition of the appropriate lifecycle model, taking these into account in decision making. Uses enterprise-level policies, procedures, guidance and best practice to select lifecycles governing the project
The SA attends technical interchange meetings with the team members and other program personnel, and represents the organization in matters pertaining to the development of his/her project. The SA provides status on assigned Integrated Master Schedule (IMS) tasks. The SA will lead document reviews and resolves technical systems engineering and integration issues. The candidate will supports ECP efforts as required. Must have the ability to manage time and resources in order to meet assigned deadlines
- 8+ years demonstrated engineering leadership experience with proven track record.
- Strong understanding of architecture governance and design principles
- Experience conducting system architecture in systems that interact with multiple external entities.
- Experience leading or guiding IPTs, projects, and/or programs consisting of Ground-related SE, SW development, and IV&V functions
- Experience helping to define and documentingenterprise-level policies, procedures, guidance and best practice for systems thinking activities, including associated tools.
- Experience reviewing the outputs of systems modeling and analysis, ensuring the results can be used for the intended purpose.
- Ability to decompose and communicate system architecture and governance concepts
- Ability to help create a vision and lead a team to implement common principles across the enterprise
- Ability to determine solutions compliant with system performance, availability and reliability constraints
- Experience leading IPTs, projects, and/or programs consisting of Ground-related SE, SW development, and IV&V functions
- Experience in SE process development and deployment
- Strong analytical and problem solving abilities. Reviews and judges the suitability of capability solutions and the planned approach.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively work with and communicate with management and individual contributors on the program team. Advises stakeholders on issues affecting the “broader” engineering approach to engineering activities.
- Proven written and oral communication skills, including presentation skills
- Experience with Microsoft Office suite of tools
- Ability to obtain a TS SCI clearance
- Lead Systems Architect on a government contract
- Experience with ground equipment command and control
- Experience in systems engineering functions including: operations concept development, requirements management, use case development, technical risk management, ICD development
- Experience in an Agile development environment
- Experience with DevOps/SecDevOps
- Domain experience preferred
Education Requirements: Bachelor’s Degree in Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics (STEM)
This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.
Raytheon Technologies is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.