Principal DevOps SpecialistBusinesses Raytheon Intelligence & Space Clearance type TS/SCI Relocation eligible Yes Ability to Telecommute No telecommuting Job ID 182955BR Most Recent Date Posted 07/14/2021 City Aurora State CO Country United States
. The Sr. DevOps/DevSecOps Engineer will be responsible for implementing and supporting DevOps/DevSecOps solutions for several Raytheon Technologies program areas for state-of-the-art next generation satellite systems. These systems provide global coverage for various customer products, collect, disseminate and process data that will be provided to end customers.
The ideal candidate will join the RTX team and collaborate with other organizations such as Software and Systems Engineering to implement best DevOps/DevSecOps designs and practices. The Sr. DevOps/DevSecOps Engineer may participate in new business activities; such as proposals and architecture/designs as needed for future generation satellite systems. This role may also periodically lead, or mentor junior team members, execute trade studies, develop prototypes, create metrics and prepare and present technical Information to an audience.
- Leverage company best practices and capabilities to assist programs with deployment, implementation, modernization and support of DevSecOps software solutions
- Support software tool customization and automation including deployment of templates, dashboards and scripts to support program needs
- Assist with design/architecture/development and support of build/test pipeline and integration, optimizing for performance and scalability across both cloud and on premise computing environments
- Provide guidance on software engineering tool hardware infrastructure resource requirements
- Assist engineers with DevOps/DevSecOps tool usage and issues, leveraging standards and best practices
Specialized Skills required to perform this role:
- System deployment using automation frameworks (Ansible preferred)
- Container development and orchestration (Helm, Kubernetes, Docker)
- Automated Unit, Integration and System testing leveraging common frameworks (design and implementation)
- UML/SysML modeling experience
- Infrastructure as Code
- Leadership in implementing and accelerating DevOps adoption
- Minimum of 8 years related experience
- SOA Software development
- CI/CD pipeline experience
- Proficiency with at least one major programming language (Python, Java, Ruby, C++, C#, Go)
- Agile methodologies (including agile leadership and planning)
- Administration of traditional and cloud infrastructures (AWS)
- Robust configuration management
- Ability to communicate technical concepts both up and down the management chain
- Ability to obtain a TS/SCI Security Clearance and US Citizenship required
- Experience with the architecture and design of COTS Infrastructure (IT)
- Experience with Windows and/or Linux System Administration
- The ability to work independently, without much supervision, and ensure project goals are met
- Proven analytical skills with the ability to troubleshoot complex tool and system operation performance issues with services and devices spanning multiple network boundaries
- Experience in technical leadership and mentoring team members
- Ability to prepare and present status, plans, and risks to management
- General working knowledge of networks, storage, and virtualization
- Current existing DoD-S/TS clearance strongly desired
- Background in COTS/FOSS product installation, configuration and integration
- Expert level skill with Kubernetes and containers
- Expert level skill with automation tools such as Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Terraform
- Experience in commercial product development / leadership
- Ability to stay abreast of emerging system development trends
- Exposure to Information Assurance and Security Compliance standards, e.g. ICD-503 or Risk Management Framework
Bachelors degree required, STEM preferred.
Benefits offered: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short-term disability, long-term disability, 401(k) match, flexible spending accounts, EAP, education assistance, parental leave, paid time off, and holidays.
In compliance with Colorado’s Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, the salary range for this role is $87,500.00 to $188,500.00 however, Raytheon Technologies considers several factors when extending an offer, including but not limited to, the role and associated responsibilities, a candidate’s work experience, education/training, and key skills.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.