Principal Cyber TechnologistBusinesses Raytheon Intelligence & Space Clearance type None / Not Required Relocation eligible No Ability to Telecommute Temporary telecommuting - during COVID-19 Job ID 168145BR Date posted 01/19/2021 City Burlington State MA Country United States
The Raytheon Intelligence and Space (RI&S) Cybersecurity Solutions and Defense team is seeking an experienced IT Security System Technologist to conduct all aspects of IT security operations and compliance practices. The Technologist will be responsible for assessing and working with RI&S programs to implement Raytheon Technologies’ (RTX) enterprise information security controls and processes that support risk management, and IT Security governance processes.
Team members perform system and application assessments to ensure security controls are implemented as designed and are adequate and functioning to ensure appropriate security and maintain compliance with policies, procedures, applicable laws, regulations and governance standards. The Security Technologist will work in a matrix environment and be responsible for engaging with Enterprise IT Security, RI&S program personnel, service and process owners on the documentation, evaluation, and monitoring of the appropriate IT controls in Raytheon Technologies’ computing environments. This includes the development of
new practices and performing IT Security reviews to ensure the confidentiality, integrity and availability of company data.
The ideal candidate will have experience in Certification and Accreditation, prior hands-on experience in IT Security Operations, and emerging leadership capabilities.
Job location can be Aurora CO, Dulles VA, Burlington MA, McKinney or Richardson TX.
- Conduct Certification and Accreditation of IIS IT Systems, audits and reviews of enterprise IT security standards and processes needed to address current and emerging government, legal, and regulatory standards along with their associated reporting requirements
- Assist in the development of surveys and operations to ensure the IT Security of the Raytheon Technologies vendor supply base
- Perform Risk Assessments on RI&S networks and systems, including cloud based systems, and developing the associated mitigating controls to maintain the appropriate security posture.
- Conduct and support the assessment of Raytheon Technologies suppliers to gain insight into the maturity of their cyber security technologies, processes, and controls and build awareness of effective cyber security practices
- Perform vulnerability scanning and remediation activities, and coordinate scanning activities with RTX Enterprise network scanning activities.
- Develop and deliver IT Security Awareness materials in support of the RTX IT Security Awareness program.
- Respond to computer security incidents reported by users and received through RayCERT to minimize the impact of an incident to take the necessary steps to return systems to a secure operational status.
- Coordinate the development, implementation, and use of mitigation controls in accordance with Raytheon Technologies security compliance standards
- Conduct and support the interpretation and execution of Raytheon Technologies policies
- Assist program, system owners, system users to understand IT Security related policies / controls and identify remediation options, and prioritize them to completion
- Assist in the development of appropriate security documentation, including system security plans, information security policies and procedures to ensure compliance with government, legal, and regulatory standard requirements
- Assist RIS service owners and system users in the secure use and operation of Raytheon Technologies systems and assessing compliance impacts for changes to systems and applications
- Stay abreast with current & emerging industry related IT security regulations, and compliance standards
- Support Raytheon Technologies participation in security forums and standards working groups
- Overview and oversight of Information System Security Officers and associated security controls and implementations
- Must be a U.S. Citizen with the ability to obtain a U.S. Government Secret security clearance and/or SCI clearance
- A total of 8 years of progressive IT security or compliance experience with a related B.S./ B.A. or 4
years of progressive IT security or compliance experience, and an M.S./ M.A. degree
- Knowledge of operational, compliance, and IT security audit functions including, PKI and/or NIST SP 800-53 Rev.4 security controls
- Strong comprehension of Information Security concepts and practices including vulnerability and compliance tools and processes, awareness of vulnerabilities, emerging threats, and the ability to map adversarial tactics to effective controls
- Knowledge of network technologies/protocols and computer security concepts in large scale Enterprise technology environments
- Experience in documentation of processes and internal IT security controls
- Excellent social, verbal, and written communication skills, with demonstrated ability to effectively present analytical data to a variety of technical and non-technical audiences
- Strong deductive reasoning, critical thinking, problem solving, and prioritization skills
- Certified security expert
- Willing to travel based on operational requirements
- Knowledge of IT security frameworks and best practices
- Knowledge of Raytheon Technologies Digital Technology security policies, tools and systems
- Exposure to IT policy and procedure development
- Project Management experience
- Certified security expert – CISSP, CISM, CCSP, or CISA
Required Education (including Major):
- Bachelor’s Degree in IT Security and 8 years experience or 16 years in lieu of Degree
This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.