Raytheon Intelligence & Space/Space & C2 provides Operations and Maintenance support for the Intelligence Community.
Raytheon Intelligence and Space has a leadership opportunity for a LINUX System Administrator Team Lead. The candidate will have supervisory and managerial responsibility for a team of 3-5 personnel that provide Linux and Windows operational support and sustainment for a diverse high priority operational environment which supports a critical U.S. Government mission. This position will support an evolving system with opportunities for the candidate to provide technical input and direction for the architectural changes necessary to support growing requirements of the operational, development, and test environments. The candidate is expected to be self-directed, able to multi-task and prioritize work, possess excellent problem solving skills, have thorough written and verbal communication skills, is customer focused, and organized. The position allows for a flexible schedule but generally requires daytime support during core hours, with occasional after hours call in support to resolve issues based on mission criticality and management guidance.
Specific duties and responsibilities include:
- Taking a leadership role for design reviews and provide technical oversight to the team members
- Candidate should have excellent leadership skills and be able to effectively manage technical staff for effective execution of programs, while maintaining and developing positive team dynamics
- Support the professional development of team members and ensure senior technical personnel "pass on" knowledge to more junior personnel
- Develop and deliver configuration and deployment automation required for improving the functionality, availability, and manageability of platform and associated service.
- Provide day to day direction and support for the System Administration team in the development and execution of the team’s scope of work to include:
- Perform software application maintenance and OS maintenance on a diverse network of physical and virtual servers. Operating systems to include Windows Server, Red Hat Linux, and VMWare.
- Perform routine and preventative maintenance such as general computer tasks, application loads, storage management, system loading and system monitoring.
- Detect, isolate, document, quickly report, and resolve system outages or problems utilizing program processes and procedures. These activities include collecting diagnostic data, restoring the system operation, developing workarounds, and other activities necessary for recovery of a system.
- Perform system monitoring, analyzing and documenting of performance and conducting trend analysis as required.
- Implement and maintain compliance of Information Security and Assurance policies.
- Apply security hardening settings and work with our Information Assurance partners to maintain compliance with standards.
- Administer backups and diagnose backup errors.
Bachelor's degree and 8 years of relevant experience or 16 years of related experience in lieu of a degree.
Security Clearance - An Active and In-scope U.S. TS/SCI security clearance with C.I. polygraph are required for this position.
Relevant experience to include:
- Performing Linux systems administration with Red Hat Enterprise Linux/CentOS or SuSE Linux Enterprise
- System maintenance activities such as user administration, system network management, patching, name resolution, authentication, daemon, init, and cron management
- System backup and restore with tools such as NetVault, Backup Exec, and Clonezilla
- Experience with system deployment and configuration management tools such as Kickstart, Altiris, and Puppet
- Experience with VMware Virtual Center Server and Postgres
- System design, installation and configuration
- Linux integration with Windows-based systems
- System security controls/hardening implementation
- Vulnerability Assessment (testing, assessment, mitigation/justification)
- Experience with compliance and implementation of Information Security and Assurance policies (i.e. ICD-503)
- Troubleshoot issues using built-in operating system functionality and system logs
- Documentation including discrepancy reports, system configuration, test documentation, and user guides
- Demonstrated experience creating, implementing, and maintaining scripts for process automation, infrastructure monitoring, and proactive reporting
- Demonstrated experience in all aspects of managing a Unix/Linux environment including the use of configuration management tools like Puppet and Chef for centralized management and configuration of systems to enforce security controls
- Must be able to provide occasional off hour call in support
- Position may require occasional travel (2-3 trips per year)
- Ability to lead special projects and manage resources
- Ability to train others in standard IT processes and procedures
- Must have CompTIA Security+ certification
- Experience in a DevOps role and environment
- Experience managing modern Windows systems and Active Directory
- Software release management and tools such as Subversion and Vagrant
- Virtualization such as Vsphere and KVM
- Familiarity with Host-Based Security System (HBSS) suite of software applications (McAfee)
- Network monitoring systems such as What’s Up Gold and Nagios
- Object Request Brokers such as CORBA and RPC
- Public Key Infrastructure
- Experience and technical knowledge of satellite ground systems including hardware, software, and network architecture
- CISSP certification
- Basic understanding of Oracle, SQL, or other databases
In compliance with Colorado’s Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, the salary range for this role is $91,300 to $173,500; however, Raytheon Technologies considers several factors when extending an offer, including but not limited to, the role and associated responsibilities, a candidate’s work experience, education/training, and key skills.
Benefits offered: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short-term disability, long-term disability, 401(k) match, flexible spending accounts, EAP, education assistance, parental leave, paid time off, and holidays.This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.