Principal Manufacturing Engineer - Asheville VanesBusinesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01465761 Most Recent Date Posted 09/08/2021 City Asheville State North Carolina Country United States
Country:United States of America
Location:PW715: Asheville Site W Asheville Greenfield Site TBD , Asheville, NC, 28803 USA
Pratt & Whitney is working to once again transform the future of flight—designing, building and servicing engines unlike any the world has ever seen. And because transformation begins from within, we’re seeking the people to drive it. So, calling all curious.
Come ready to explore and you’ll find a place where your talent takes flight—beyond the borders of title, a country or your comfort zone. Bring your passion and commitment and we’ll welcome you into a tight-knit team that takes our mission personally. Channel your drive to make a difference into shaping an organization and an industry that’s evolving fast to the future.
Where the difference you make is on display every day. Just look up.
Are you ready to go beyond?
Pratt & Whitney is planning to invest at least $650 million through 2027 in a world-class turbine airfoil production facility in Asheville, North Carolina. The new, 1,000,000 square-foot facility will house an advanced Casting foundry for the production of Turbine Airfoils as well as conduct machining, coating and finishing of airfoils onsite. This state-of-the-art facility will also implement best-in-class manufacturing technologies and processes exemplifying industry 4.0 manufacturing principles and will complement existing turbine airfoil work that is done across Pratt & Whitney’s facilities.
The Vanes Manufacturing Engineering organization within the Asheville site is seeking highly skilled and experienced Principal Manufacturing Engineers to guide the development of world class manufacturing processes. Key areas of focus will be Suberabrasive Grinding and EDM. These positions will be expected to drive the selection of key tooling technologies and oversee the application of those tools on the Shop Floor. Mentoring younger Engineers and Shop Floor personnel will be an important aspect of this job and put the Asheville facility on firm footing for future growth.
*This position will initially allow for remote work with the expectation that the candidate will relocate to Asheville, NC upon facility completion.
*10-25% travel to Vendors and other PW facilities should be expected prior to Asheville site completion and equipment installation - expected mid-2022.
*Relocation assistance will be provided.
- Own all technical aspects of the assigned Process Area.
- Coordinate with Machine Tool Builders on technical requirements.
- Guide other Pratt/Vendor Engineering personnel on Durable and Perishable Tool design. Drive successful implementation.
- Set best practices for CNC programs and provide recommendations on appropriate speeds/feeds, etc…
- Review and approve work instructions for processes within designated area.
- Lead process specific PPAP/MRL activities and steer resultant priorities.
- Drive continuous improvement initiatives and set ambitious yet achievable end state goals.
- U.S. Citizenship required due to Government contract.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or related Technical Field with 10+ years of experience in either Superabrasive Grinding, Conventional or Fast Hole Drill EDM.
- Proven results leading the development and implementation of Aerospace Manufacturing Technology projects.
- Broad knowledge of the Aerospace Industry and experience in Turbine Engine parts manufacturing.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms