Sr Info Sys Technologist IIBusinesses Raytheon Intelligence & Space Clearance type Top Secret - Current Relocation eligible No Ability to Telecommute No telecommuting Job ID 185559BR Most Recent Date Posted 08/23/2021 City Arlington State VA Country United States
Raytheon Technologies (RTX) in Arlington, Virginia is looking for a NC3 Operational Assessments Lead Planner to support recurring operational assessments that determine the operational capabilities of the NC3 system of systems for the NC3 Enterprise Center (NEC) and the Joint Staff.
As a NC3 Operational Assessments Lead Planner, your primary responsibilities will include planning, developing, and conducting recurring operational assessments that are utilized in determining the operational capabilities of the NC3 System. Coordinate assessment events with NEC, National Military Command System (NMCS) Command Centers, Nuclear Forces, Relay Nodes, Support Facilities, and other U.S. Government Agencies. Perform as an observer and data collector during operational assessment/communication systems exercises. Develop operational assessment briefings, planning materials, and results reports. Perform operational assessment analysis on assigned primary and secondary NC3 system objectives. Supervise an analysis team and the buildup of applicable databases that support analysis and results reporting. Conduct technical reviews of operational assessment briefs, planning materials, and results reports. Some travel required (5%).
Clearance Requirement: Must be a US Citizens with a current/active TOP SECRET clearance and the ability to obtain and maintain SCI.
You Bring These Qualifications:
- 5+ years of experience in the assessment of communications systems with emphasis on systems that support NC3 operations
- Joint Nuclear Operations experience
- NC3 System and network experience that includes: Worldwide Secure Voice Conferencing System (WWSVCS), Missile Warning Teletype (MWTTY), Defense Injection/Reception EAM Command and Control Terminal (DIRECT), Enhanced Pentagon Capability (EPC), Survivable Emergency Conferencing Network (SECN), and Nuclear Planning and Execution System (NPES).
- Ability to develop and present technical briefings at the major staff level
- Bachelor degree (Information Technology, Mathematics, Engineering, Science, Management, or related field is desired)
It Would Be Great if You Also Had One or More of the following:
- Combatant Command experience with a thorough understanding of concept of operations
- Familiarity with exercise evaluation and after action review processes
- Familiarity with Very Low Frequency (VLF)/Low frequency (LF), High frequency (HF) radio wave propagation, Advanced Extremely High Frequency (AEHF), and landline NC3 domain systems and networks.
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Familiarity with references A, B, C, D and E:
- Reference A: Emergency Action Procedures of the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff (EAP-CJCS) Volume I “General”
- Reference B: EAP-CJCS Volume VI “Emergency Conferences”
- Reference C: EAP-CJCS Volume VII “EAM Dissemination”
- Reference D: EAP-CJCS Volume VIIA “Nuclear Execution Reporting Plan”
- Reference E: Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff Operations Order (OPORD) 2-18 “National Military Command System (NMCS) Survivable Mobile Command Center (SMCC) Operations”
Due to the nature of the work, we can only consider US citizens who have the ability to obtain and maintain a TS/SCI clearance.
What We Can Offer You:
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance understanding its importance to overall wellbeing and productivity.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new team members. Our team has a broad mix of experience levels and Raytheon tenures, and we are developing an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior engineers truly enjoy mentoring more junior engineers and engineers from non-traditional backgrounds through one-on-one mentoring.
We care about your career growth. We try to assign projects and tasks based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on roles that are more complex in the future.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at Raytheon, we embrace and respect our differences. Diverse backgrounds, experiences, and views benefit our environment and problem solving, ultimately leading to greater success across the business. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion and continually striving for a more collaborative, respectful, and equitable workplace. We have nine employee-led Employee Resource Groups (ERGs), reaching 181,000 employees globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences.
Benefits: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short-term disability, long-term disability, 401(k) match, flexible spending accounts, EAP, education assistance, parental leave, paid time off, and holidays.
#WeAreRIS #EngineerJobs #EngineeringCareers #Hiring
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.