Senior UI/UX Engineer IBusinesses Raytheon Intelligence & Space Clearance type Secret - Current Relocation eligible Yes Job ID 163165BR Date posted 06/11/2020 City Arlington State VA Country United States
Raytheon Technologies is a technology and innovation leader specializing in defense, homeland security and other government markets throughout the world. With a history of innovation spanning 90+ years, the company provides state-of-the-art electronics, mission systems integration and other capabilities in the areas of sensing; effects; and command, control, communications and intelligence systems, as well as cyber security and a broad range of mission support services.
At Raytheon Technologies, we transform data into intelligence. As a leading systems and solutions provider of intelligence, security, and advanced information technologies to government customers in the United States and internationally, Raytheon Technologies provides the right knowledge at the right time, enabling our customers to make timely and accurate decisions to achieve mission goals of national significance.
About Your Team:
Engineering solves some of the most difficult technology challenges in our industry. We deliver high-performance solutions and provide a robust technology pipeline to fuel business growth today and beyond. We achieve our vision through a strategy that leverages our highly skilled, diverse and motivated workforce, collaborating to design and develop products using strict process discipline with a strong focus on technology and innovation. We strive to grow our people with exciting new challenges, on-the-job training, mentoring and purposeful rotations in the following areas:
- Electrical Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Systems Engineering
- Software Engineering
- Test Engineering
- Reliability and Sustainment Engineering
What You Will Get To Do:
“Attention – An experienced Senior UI/UX Engineer” is needed to support the Platform One program where you will work in an agile environment designing full service customer applications. You will get to:
- Have design and cross-functional pairing.
- Work with collaborative teams,
- Work alongside and learn from lean and agile leaders.
- Be a part of daily product decision making and real product delivery with product managers and developers.
- You will have the freedom to be open-minded, creative, and self-critical; but you also have the opportunity to be collaborative and communicative amongst other product managers and developers.
- You will constantly challenge yourself to be thoughtful about the role of design in relation to contemporary technology and be committed to lifelong design learning.
- You will have the autonomy to try out new processes, especially in the spirit of agile - do what works, try new things, and stop doing things that don’t work.
Note this position is contingent on contract award.
Qualifications You Must Have:
- Have at least 4 years of experience as a UI/UX designer
- Have experience with and curiosity of agile and lean philosophies
- Have experience working independently with clients or stakeholders
- Have experience designing full-service consumer and business applications
- Bring deep experience in research, visual design, consulting, or development
- Show command of modern front-end technologies and frameworks (e.g. HAML/SASS, grid systems, responsive design)
- Have experience maintaining a user-centered approach in design perspective and practice
- Have experience leading products from discovery and framework through iterative development and delivery
- Have experience guiding product decisions through user research, customer development, and iterative feedback loops
Required Education (including Major):
Bachelor’s Degree in Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics (STEM), or related STEM degree program from an Accredited University/School/College with 4+ years of relevant work experience.
Clearance: Current Secret
This position requires a U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.
Raytheon Technologies is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.