Senior Linux Systems AdministratorBusinesses Raytheon Intelligence & Space Clearance type Top Secret - Current Relocation eligible No Ability to Telecommute Temporary telecommuting - during COVID-19 Job ID 178277BR Most Recent Date Posted 04/28/2021 City Arlington State VA Country United States
The Senior Linux Engineer applies current technologies to the design, development, evaluation and integration of computer information systems and networks to maintain system security. Works with commercial computer product vendors in the design and evaluation of state-of-the-art secure COTS applications, operating systems, networks and database products and technology. Provides security engineering and integration services to internal customers. Involved in a wide range of issues including secure architectures, secure electronic data traffic, network security, information security and privacy. Develops security systems for any manual or automated systems environments. Responsible for ensuring the protection of company data against unauthorized disclosure, accidental or intentional loss of data, or unauthorized modification.
LOCATION: Arlington, VA
- Must have an active Top Secret Clearance
- Must be able to obtain DHS program suitability prior to starting employment
- Must be willing to work a fixed shift schedule
- Knowledge of Red Hat version 6 or 7 (rhel6/rhel7) with the ability to engineer, install, administer and maintain
- Highly skilled in Linux-related scripting (Bash, Perl, Python, etc.)
- Experience analyzing and evaluating the security of new and existing IT systems and the procedures to protect information system assets from intentional or inadvertent modification, disclosure, or destruction
- Kernel infrastructure understanding in a Linux environment
- Experience analyzing and evaluating the design and operating effectiveness of Information technology and security controls that are in place
- Knowledge and understanding of operating systems, networks and services
- Experience evaluating security solutions to ensure they meet security requirements for processing classified information
- Manage changes to system and assesses the security impact of those changes.
- Experience with Apache web server configuration and management
- Management, deployment and troubleshooting of Java and Tomcat applications
- Satellite Server
- IDM/Free IPA
Training/certification in any of the following strongly desired:
- Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA)
- Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE)
Required Education (including Major):
- Bachelor's degree in related field with 8 years of relevant experience.
- 8 additional years of work experience may be substituted for a Bachelor’s degree.
This position requires a U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.