|Who we are|
Raytheon BBN Technologies is one of Raytheon’s premier research and development centers. Our diverse research portfolio combines the best technologies to deliver innovative, custom solutions with real-world benefits. Our Contracts department is seeking an experienced Senior Contracts Negotiator to join our team in our Arlington, VA location. The successful candidate will be responsible for contractual activities supporting a diverse portfolio of existing and new business pursuits with various customers from the Department of Defense (DOD) and Intelligence communities, large prime contractors, and commercial clients. This position requires an innovative thinker who will collaborate effectively with internal and external customers for proposal preparation and negotiation of new opportunities for BBN’s research and development services.
What you will do
- Primary customer interface for contracting matters and responsible for establishing and maintaining trust and cooperation while ensuring compliance with negotiated terms and conditions, company policies, and financial objectives for successful contract execution.
- Manage classified and unclassified U. S. Government proposal pursuits and contract negotiations as a proactive member of the business development team.
- Work closely with government customers, prime contractors, and commercial customers, as well as representatives from Program Management, Engineering, Legal, Finance/Estimating, Operations, Supply Chain, Property, Integrated Product Team (IPT) Leads, and Raytheon Leadership.
- As a strategic business partner, you will be expected to actively participate in the creation of company offerings/proposals to meet customer needs.
- Responsible for analysis of Broad Agency Announcements (BAA) and Requests for Proposal (RFPs), proposal preparation, proposal reviews/coordination/approvals, negotiations, and general contract administration for our customers.
- Ensure that negotiated terms and conditions comply with company policies; advising management of contractual risks, rights and obligations, and suggesting means to mitigate contract, program, or intellectual property risks.
- Work in a collaborative team environment, provide both guidance and suggested solutions to the Program on contracting issues, and develop and maintain positive relationships with our internal and external Customers to facilitate sound business deals.
What you will need
- Bachelor’s degree in business related field; MBA; or Juris Doctor
- Minimum of 6-8 years of relevant experience depending on degree.
- Ability to manage multiple transactional activities across the continuum of business formation, including negotiation of non-disclosure agreements, teaming agreements, review and analysis of solicitation requirements, preparation of proposal approval documents for business leadership at multiple levels of the organization, proposal preparation and submission, cost/fee/price negotiation, negotiation of terms and conditions, administration during contract performance, and close out support.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Working knowledge of U.S. Government acquisition processes and related regulations, e.g. Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR), Defense Federal Acquisition Regulations (DFARS) and International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).
- Computer proficiency, experience in Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, and shared databases.
- Experience in drafting alternative language to contract terms and conditions under commercial (prime contractor) agreements.
- Ability to understand the financial aspects of contracts and other business arrangements.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple priorities concurrently.
- Position may require some amount of overnight travel.
- Active DoD Secret Clearance with ability to obtain a Top Secret clearance. Active Top Secret clearance is desired.
Raytheon BBN is proud to offer a comprehensive total compensation package including a competitive 401k company match, a Retirement Contribution plan, performance based incentive, and competitive benefits package. In addition to protecting your and your family’s health and well-being, we also offer important financial and family friendly benefits to meet your needs.
Our Work/Life benefits include – Paid Parental Leave – Adoption Assistance – Auto and Home Insurance – Child/Elder Back Up Care – College Coach – Retirement Planning Services – Flexible Work Arrangements - Legal Services – LifeResources – Employee Discount Program – Educational Assistance – Transportation Benefits – and Wellness Reward