Principal Software Engineer - Java EcosystemBusinesses Raytheon Intelligence & Space Clearance type Top Secret - Current Relocation eligible Yes Ability to Telecommute Temporary telecommuting - during COVID-19 Job ID 182054BR Most Recent Date Posted 06/16/2021 City Arlington State VA Country United States
Who we are
Raytheon BBN is one of Raytheon’s premier research and development centers. Our diverse research portfolio combines the best technologies to deliver imaginative, custom solutions with real-world beneﬁt. Located in Arlington, VA, our Information Exploitation group is seeking a Scientist with software research interests. Our world- class team works with a broad range of Government agencies to resolve problems that are both technically challenging and have a real operational impact.
What will you do
The ideal candidate will be energized by the opportunity to push the envelope of the state of the art working in a team at the intersections of advanced technology and mission-critical applications. At Raytheon BBN, problem solving and refining approaches to hard problems is key, as is involvement in business development activities.
Applicants will work in a dynamic multi-disciplinary environment with engineers from a variety of other backgrounds and professional experience. The ideal candidate will have meaningful experience in Java development with some experience or interest in machine reasoning, semantic web technologies, data analytics, or artiﬁcial intelligence technologies. Our research work applies the above technologies to develop both prototype and real operational systems. You will be working on challenging problems including:
- Producing sophisticated software in an enthusiastic agile environment;
- Developing mission-critical applications for deployment into global enterprise operations;
- Optimizing software for knowledge representation, storage, and query systems for high performance.
- Designing novel machine reasoning and learning algorithms and solutions to complex, open-ended intelligence problems.
- Working with senior technical staff to grow our business with both current and new customers.
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent discipline and 8 years of experience; or MS in Computer Science or equivalent discipline and 6 years of experience.
- Proﬁciency in Java and the Java-based development
- Excellent communications skills and the ability to work both independently and in a team ecosystem.
- Current DoD or IC Top Secret security clearance with SSBI. US citizenship is required
- 2-3 years of related research experience in one of the technical areas mentioned above.
- Experience with military planning, space systems and government logistics is highly desired.
- Experience with Web application development.
- Familiarity with modern software conﬁguration management tools such as Docker, Gradle, Ivy, etc.
- TS/SCI highly desired
Raytheon BBN is proud to offer a comprehensive total compensation package including a competitive 401k company match, a Retirement Contribution plan, performance based incentive, and competitive benefits package. In addition to protecting your and your family’s health and well-being, we also offer important financial and family friendly benefits to meet your needs.
Our Work/Life benefits include – Paid Parental Leave – Adoption Assistance – Auto and Home Insurance – Child/Elder Back Up Care – College Coach – Retirement Planning Services – Flexible Work Arrangements - Legal Services – LifeResources – Employee Discount Program – Educational Assistance – Transportation Benefits – and Wellness Reward.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.