Networks Deputy Team LeadBusinesses Raytheon Intelligence & Space Clearance type TS/SCI - Current Relocation eligible No Ability to Telecommute Temporary telecommuting - during COVID-19 Job ID 173503BR Most Recent Date Posted 04/27/2021 City Arlington State VA Country United States
The Networks Deputy Team Lead coordinates the daily activities of Networks Team staff – communicate expectations, train, and mentor staff; address client issues; and interface with clients as needed. The Deputy Lead is expected to be process oriented and accountable for the overall success of the Team.
Additionally, the Deputy Team Lead applies current technologies to the design, development, evaluation and integration of computer information systems and networks to maintain system security. Works with commercial computer product vendors in the design and evaluation of state-of-the-art secure COTS applications, operating systems, networks and database products and technology. Provides security engineering and integration services to internal customers. Involved in a wide range of issues including secure architectures, secure electronic data traffic, network security, information security and privacy. Develops security systems for any manual or automated systems environments.
- Manage Networks team consisting up to 32 employees
- Communicate policies, expectations, and feedback to staff
- Facilitate a high-performance team environment and employee engagement
- Provide performance feedback and corrective action to direct staff
- Lead activities of Networks staff to diagnose and resolve client problems
- Guide and coordinate projects requiring scheduling
- Provide input on process improvements and contribute to the technology road map for the strategic plan
- Contribute to the development, communication and implementation of policies, procedures, best practices, recommendations, and guidelines for standards
- Provide guidance and training to staff
- Evaluate and provide input regarding employee performance
- Maintain Networks schedule for a 24x7 365
- Other duties as assigned and required
- Collaborate within Agile Scrum teams as a key contributor responsible for the design and implementation of advanced cybersecurity capabilities, including the selection of hardware and software and the design of infrastructure services required to enable the cybersecurity capabilities.
- Maintain current knowledge of hardware and software applications.
- Conduct trade studies, to determine possible system (hardware, software, architecture) improvements.
- Develop high quality technical documentation, including user guides, test plans, and contract deliverable items and supporting product line training.
- Design networking enclaves as the need arises.
- Sustainment of CISA networking architecture
- Expect to do some installation work
• Must have 8+ years of professional networking experience.
• Must have Network Engineering experience including TCP/IP networking, encryption, firewalls, and SNMP-based network management.
• In depth knowledge and advanced troubleshooting experience in regards to Layer 2 functionality and protocols in a Cisco/Juniper environment.
• Experience with troubleshooting and implementing Layer 3 routing protocols over a multi-site environment in a Cisco/Juniper environment.
• Must have a firm knowledge of configuring and isolating IPSEC and firewall architecture
• Must have a firm knowledge of LAN/WAN protocols, specifically BGP, and OSPF
• Infrastructure-related certifications preferred such as Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA), Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP), Juniper Networks Certified Internet Associate (JNCIA-Junos), Juniper Networks Certified Specialist Security (JNCIS-SEC), Juniper Networks Certified Professional Security (JNCIP-SEC)
• Experience using network monitoring and automation tools for troubleshooting and task simplification.
• Technical understanding of cybersecurity attack techniques and associated mitigation techniques.
• Experience troubleshooting and implementing VPN technologies.
• Experience implementing firewall based policies using Juniper firewalls.
Required Education (including Major):
• Bachelor's degree in related field and a minimum of 8 years of relevant experience.
• A Master’s degree in a related discipline may be substituted for four (2) years of experience
• An additional 8 years of professional experience may be substituted for a bachelor’s degree
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.