Network Operations Center LeadBusinesses Raytheon Intelligence & Space Clearance type Top Secret - Current Relocation eligible No Job ID 164243BR Date posted 06/30/2020 City Arlington State VA Country United States
Under the guidance and management of the Director of Technical Services, the Network Operations Center (NOC) Manager ensures exceptional service for managed services customers and drives employee engagement for NOC/Service Desk staff members. He or she will coordinate the daily activities of NOC/Service Desk staff; orient, train, and mentor staff; monitor incident management queues; address client escalation issues; and interface with clients as needed. The NOC/Service Desk Manager is expected to be process oriented and accountable for the overall success of the Network Operation Center.
Responsibilities also include:
- Manage NOC/Service Desk team consisting up to 10 watch-standers
- Communicate policies, expectations, and feedback to NOC/Service Desk staff
- Facilitate a high-performance team environment and employee engagement
- Provide performance feedback and corrective action to direct staff
- Lead activities of NOC/Service Desk staff to diagnose and resolve client problems
- Guide NOC/Service Desk staff on diagnosis of potential problems and resolutions.
- Field escalated customer issues and resolve or refer to specialized experts as needed
- Guide and coordinate projects requiring scheduling
- Monitor and report the status of tickets and tasks assigned to the NOC/Service Desk and ensuring items are coordinated, logged, tracked, and resolved appropriately.
- Provide input on process improvements and contribute to the technology road map for the strategic plan.
- Perform metrics trend analysis and reporting; guide resultant process improvement.
- Contribute to the development, communication and implementation of policies, procedures, best practices, recommendations, and guidelines for standards.
- Provide guidance and training; may guide other staff
- Provide back-up duties to the NOC Government Lead
- Work support tickets as needed
- Evaluate and provide input regarding employee performance
- Conduct one on ones with staff to address training needs, set expectations, and facilitate a 2-way dialogue regarding the employee experience
- Maintain NOC/Service Desk schedule for a 24x7 365 with TPI
- Other duties as assigned and required.
- This position requires an active Top Secret security clearance with SCI eligibility.
- Must be able to obtain DHS suitability prior to starting employment.
- Bachelor’s degree and eight (8) years of related experience OR a six (6) years of related experience with a Master’s degree.
- Experience managing/supervising a NOC/Service Desk environment
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills, including ability to effectively communicate with internal and external customers
- Must be able to manage multiple priorities in an efficient manner
- Understanding of general help desk procedures, company processes, etc.
- Ability to design and implement effective policies to achieve consistent team results.
- Ability to work independently and to carry out assignments to completion within parameters of instructions given, prescribed routines, and standard accepted practices
- Familiar with HP monitoring solutions preferred
- This position requires possible shift work
- Excellent computer proficiency (MS Office – Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Understanding of the technology landscape (cloud computing, hardware, Microsoft infrastructure, etc.) highly preferred.
- Familiarity with help desk ticketing systems (Altiris) required.
- Efficient delegation and task prioritization
- Ability to interview and select employees in accordance with company guidelines and EEOC commitments
Ability to coordinate and facilitate staff training
- Ability to provide feedback, coach employee performance, and effectively implement disciplinary action as needed
- Ability to manage and resolve conflicts as they arise
This position requires a U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.
Raytheon Technologies is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.