Network Based Systems Analyst IIBusinesses Raytheon Intelligence & Space Clearance type TS/SCI Relocation eligible No Job ID 165088BR Date posted 07/24/2020 City Arlington State VA Country United States
The DHS’s Hunt and Incident Response Team (HIRT) secures the Nation’s cyber and communications infrastructure. HIRT provides DHS’s front line response for cyber incidents and proactively hunting for malicious cyber activity. Raytheon Technologies (RTX), as a prime contractor to DHS, performs HIRT investigations to develop a preliminary diagnosis of the severity of breaches. RTX provides HIRT remote and onsite advanced technical assistance, proactive hunting, rapid onsite incident response, and immediate investigation and resolution using host-based and network-based cybersecurity analysis capabilities.
Raytheon Intelligence & Space (RIS) is seeking a Network Based Cybersecurity Systems Analyst to support this critical customer mission.
- Assists the Government lead in coordinating teams in preliminary incident response investigations
- Assists the Government lead with interfacing with the customer while on site
- Determines appropriate courses of actions in response to identified and analyses anomalous network activity
- Assesses network topology and device configurations identifying critical security concerns and providing security best practice recommendations
- Assists with the writing and publishing of Computer Network Defense guidance and reports on incident findings to appropriate constituencies
- Collects network intrusion artifacts (e.g., PCAP, domains, URI’s, certificates, etc.) and uses discovered data to enable mitigation of potential Computer Network Defense incidents
- Analyzes identified malicious network activity to determine weaknesses exploited, exploitation methods, effects on system and information
- Collects network device integrity data and analyze for signs of tampering or compromise
- Assists with real-time CND incident handling (i.e., forensic collections, intrusion correlation and tracking, threat analysis, and advising on system remediation) tasks to support onsite engagements
- U.S. Citizenship
- Must have an active TS/SCI clearance
- Must be able to obtain DHS Suitability
- 2+ years of directly relevant experience in network investigations
- Knowledge of Computer Network Defense policies, procedures, and regulations
- Knowledge of defense-in-depth principles and general attack stages with respect to network security architecture
- Ability to characterize and analyze network traffic to identify anomalous activity and potential threats to network resources
- Ability to identify and analyze anomalies in network traffic using metadata
- Experience with reconstructing a malicious attack or activity based on network traffic
- Experience examining network topologies to understand data flows through the network
- Must be able to work collaboratively across physical locations
- Knowledge of network device integrity concepts and methodologies
- Understanding of how to preserve evidence integrity according to standard operating procedures or national standards
BS Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Computer Information Systems, Computer Systems Engineering or related degree. Two years of related work experience may be substituted for each year of degree level education.
- DoD 8140.01 IAT Level II, IASAE II, CSSP Analyst
Raytheon Technologies is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.