Cyber Lab TechnicianBusinesses Raytheon Intelligence & Space Clearance type Secret - Current Relocation eligible No Ability to Telecommute Temporary telecommuting - during COVID-19 Job ID 178465BR Most Recent Date Posted 04/20/2021 City Arlington State VA Country United States
This program secures the Nation’s cyber and communications infrastructure. It provides front line response for cyber incidents and proactively hunting for malicious cyber activity. Raytheon Technologies (RTX), as a prime contractor, performs investigations to develop a preliminary diagnosis of the severity of breaches. RTX provides remote and onsite advanced technical assistance, proactive hunting, rapid onsite incident response, and immediate investigation and resolution using host-based and network-based cybersecurity analysis capabilities.
Raytheon Intelligence & Space (RIS) is seeking a Cyber Lab Technician to support this critical customer mission.
- Employing security concepts, theories, insights, tools and methodologies to mitigate system weaknesses and vulnerabilities
- Appling advanced analytical skills and technical resources at the tactical levels and implementing infrastructure solutions supporting command decision making and execution of mission requirements
- Providing support as needed to lab staff in the tasks of provisioning and issuing equipment to end users, as well as maintaining inventory database
- Providing support for systems administration tasks such as patching, updating, and maintaining network infrastructure
- Supporting the implementation of new technologies and equipment in the lab environment
- Provision and provide support for Virtual Private Network (VPN) or Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (e.g., Citrix) to users
- Performing large scale configuration management and deployment across Windows, MacOS, Linux/Unix, and other operating systems and virtual environments
- Performing implementation of granular access control
- Maintaining Fly Away Kits (FAKs) sanitization, inventory, repairs, and maintenance
- Monitoring systems for acceptable performance and user accessibility, establish back-ups, and monitor systems security
- Creating monitoring reports and logs
- U.S. Citizenship
- Must have an active DoD Secret clearance, TS/SCI clearance is preferred
- Must be able to obtain DHS Suitability prior to starting work
- BS Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Computer Information Systems, Computer Systems Engineering or related degree. Two years of related work experience may be substituted for each year of degree level education.
- 4+ years overall of experience
- 2+ years of directly relevant experience in lab management or system administration
- Experience with multiple operating systems, to include Windows, Linux/Unix & MacOS
- Experience with Virtual Private Networks (VPN)
- Experience with virtual desktops (Citrix, VMWare)
- Proficiency and proven capability in the following areas:
- Computer Network Defense (CND) policies, procedures, and regulations
- Defense-in-depth principles and network security architecture
- Database management and implementation
- Asset management practices and principles
- Hardware and software provisioning practices
- Boundary protection and enclaving
- Authentication and access management technologies
- Must be able to work collaboratively across physical locations
- Experience with writing technical procedures and standard operating procedures
- Virtualization automation and optimization
- Leadership experience with small teams
- DoD 8140.01 IAT Level II
This position is contingent upon customer approval.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.