Associate Scientific Software Developer- Java/C++Businesses Raytheon Intelligence & Space Clearance type Secret Relocation eligible Yes Ability to Telecommute No telecommuting Job ID 171181BR Date posted 11/09/2020 City Arlington State VA Country United States
Raytheon BBN Technologies (BBN) is seeking a Software Engineer to join our world-class group in Arlington, VA. Our team of scientists and programmers is working with a broad range of government agencies to resolve exciting, technically challenging problems of national importance.
We offer an exciting, fast paced, collaborative environment, with the opportunity to contribute to innovative applied research. Career growth is encouraged through support for publications and participation in leading research conferences, training, mentoring, and tuition reimbursement.
The ideal candidate will have excellent verbal and written communication skills, be highly motivated, self-directed, and comfortable working in an agile development environment.
Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Design and implementation of user interfaces for data visualization.
- Design and implementation of parsers for structured binary data.
- Design and implementation of signal processing algorithms for real-time systems.
- Design and customization of client-facing prototype data displays.
- Design and implementation of Extract, Transform, and Load (ETL) applications for data migration within databases.
- Software requirements development.
- Working with a team in a professional software development environment.
- Interface to Program Management for coordination of software development tasks.
- Laboratory testing and field deployments, which may include occasional local travel.
What you need
- BS in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or other relevant technical field and 0 to 2 years work experience.
- Thorough background in C/C++, Java, and object-oriented design.
- Solid Physics background, preferably with experience in the underwater acoustics domain.
- Comfortable working within Windows and Linux (RHEL) environments including knowledge of the Linux command-line and shell scripts.
- US citizenship is required along with a willingness to apply for a US Government Security clearance.
- Position may require some overnight travel
Additional Skills that would be AWESOME
- Active Security clearance is desired.
- 2 to 4 years of software engineering experience.
- Familiarity or experience with Python or Matlab.
- Familiarity and experience with Eclipse or similar IDE.
- Familiarity, academic or commercial, working with relational databases (SQL).
- Familiarity with version control (SVN or GIT) basics.
- Ability to meet assigned budgets and schedules.
What you will gain
- Be mentored by talented researchers and engineers that will shape your career development.
- Involvement in the technical components of a client project.
- Exposure to business issues and challenges.
- Opportunities to lead early in your career and establish a reputation in your field.
- Gain experience while performing cutting-edge research and prototype development.
- Opportunities to propose new ideas and solutions to challenging scientific and technological problems.
- Empowerment to satisfy your scientific curiosity and entrepreneurial drive.
- A dedicated office where you can design your ideal working environment and express your own personality.
BBN Physical Sciences & Systems, Maritime Systems
The BBN Maritime Systems team is an industry-leading group of applied physicists and mathematicians, computer scientists, and mechanical and electrical engineers who work in undersea and cross-domain sensing; positioning, navigation, and timing (PNT); and communications for maritime applications. We work collaboratively across three offices. Our extensive background in undersea sensing, including acoustical, magnetic, and gravity modalities, provides a basis or this work. We analyze and model propagation in complex environments, evaluate background noise and clutter sources and characteristics, and develop sensor elements, systems, platform integration, and related signal processing to enhance system performance for specific applications.
The Arlington, Virginia maritime team is focused on advanced systems to support the operational Navies of the US and UK. We develop systems and algorithms that exploit acoustic and other signals for detection, localization, and tracking of undersea threats.
At BBN you will find an exciting, collaborative environment that offers the opportunity to contribute to revolutionary research that solves important problems. Our culture enables all employees to find purpose, thrive, and succeed. By creating an environment where all points of view are valued, risk taking is encouraged, and excellence is rewarded, we allow our employees to do their best, most important work. Career growth is encouraged through support for on-site training, mentoring, tuition program, publications and participating in leading research conferences.
We offer outstanding benefits that include flexible work schedules, a competitive 401k company match, a Retirement Contribution plan, performance based incentive, paid parental leave, paid time off, and many other employee discounts. If you have a growth mindset and you thrive under pressure, Come Join Our Team!
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.