Sr Mgr Capture ManagementBusinesses Raytheon Intelligence & Space Clearance type Top Secret - Current Relocation eligible No Ability to Telecommute Temporary telecommuting - during COVID-19 Job ID 184204BR Most Recent Date Posted 07/20/2021 City Annapolis Junction State MD Country United States
A Capture Manager develops high-level market strategies in tandem with developing and implementing specific pursuit strategies within the Department of Defense (DOD) and Intelligence Community (IC) to ensure growth and competitive positioning. There is a special emphasis on capturing new cyber and software development opportunities, including computer network operations, computer network defense, and SIGINT collection. A Capture Manager’s responsibilities include strategies for teaming, solutions development (technical, management, and cost), proposal staffing and development, etc. They lead the development, implementation, and successful execution of these winning capture strategies, keeping the opportunity qualified while reporting status to management. Expected activities include meeting with and providing briefings to customers and key strategic partners, generating white papers on key technologies, and working with pursuit teams to ensure customer requirements are well understood and result in superior proposals.
They improve and maintain the capture win rate through continuous improvement of capture best practices. They collect as well as accurately and objectively present the opportunity or pursuit’s business case at management reviews to facilitate sound business decisions by management. Capture Managers are fully accountable for all activities related to the assigned capture opportunity, from initial gate through contract award. They are responsible for planning, controlling, and directing all related activities. These activities must occur in collaboration with program area leads, functional support, and their teams.
Other responsibilities include the following:
a) Marketing to develop solutions to customer problems.
b) Developing technology requirements (IRAD/CRAD) to support new business capture.
c) Performing win/loss analysis and related process improvements.
d) Providing efficient management of new business investment (NBI) resources.
e) Demonstrating excellent written and oral communication skills across technical exchange meetings, customer presentations, white papers, and proposals.
f) Providing communication of complex concepts to a diverse audience of senior business leaders and technical subject matter experts.
g) Leading capture activities that require development of competitive technical materials. Performance in these activities is evaluated based on initiative transitions, competitive win-rate, and formal customer debriefs.
h) Developing and reusing proposal materials in support of activities in technology area, deriving new content from master materials and adjusting to address needs of identified opportunity.
i) Monitoring, maintaining, and updating proposal material archives within technology area. Capture Managers drive consistency within a given technology area across multiple pursuits.
j) Coordinating a diverse team that includes subject matter experts.
k) Serving as a proposal lead, individual contributor, subject matter expert, or solution review team member within large, multi-disciplined, matrixed teams based on the needs of an identified opportunity within the technology area.
Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration/Management or a related Engineering discipline
- 12 years of strategic planning and demonstrated related work experience
- 5+ years of demonstrated capture management experience
- Experience leading capture and pursuit bookings between $50M to $100M
- Demonstrated ability to make sound decisions in stressful business situations;
- Demonstrated competence to work independently, or as lead / influence a high performance team; a highly motivated self-starter;
- Experience working captures and pursuits with the DOD and IC.
- Demonstrated knowledge of associate contractors and the competitive landscape
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills
- Must be available to travel domestically as needed
- Current Top Secret clearance required
- Familiarity with Raytheon Technologies’ businesses, policies, and practices
- Experience with Federal agencies or equivalent corporate business experience
- Demonstrated networking capabilities among various communities, e.g., acquisition officials and leads in DOD and other government agencies
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.