Senior Network Engineer IIBusinesses Raytheon Intelligence & Space Clearance type Secret - Current Relocation eligible Yes Ability to Telecommute Temporary telecommuting - during COVID-19 Job ID 183165BR Most Recent Date Posted 07/01/2021 City Annapolis Junction State MD Country United States
Applied Signal Technology (AST) is seeking engineers who strive for excellence and have a passion to be part of a team that strengthens our nation and improves the security of our world.
With locations in Sunnyvale and Anaheim Hills, CA, Salt Lake City, UT, Northern Virginia Dulles area, and Annapolis Junction, MD, AST provides trusted strategic and tactical SIGINT solutions that protect the interests of the U.S. and its partners. AST’s work in areas such as high-capacity broadband communications, signal processing and analysis, tactical SIGINT, and wireless communications continually challenges our extraordinary engineers to solve problems and make the world a safer place. AST’s work environment is dynamic, highly collaborative and provides engineers the freedom to strengthen and expand their skills, explore new and innovative ideas, and work directly with our nation’s finest service members all while embracing integrity, diversity and work-life balance. AST offers generous reward and recognition programs in compensation, broad career development opportunities, excellent health care options, educational assistance, parental leave, flexible work schedules, 401(k) with matching, paid holidays and paid time off.
Whether you wish to live near and experience the California coast, the Maryland shores, our Nation’s capital, or Utah’s lakes and mountains, AST encourages you to consider exploring the unique and rewarding opportunities our cutting-edge-technology team can offer.
** This particular position will be staffed in Annapolis Junction, MD only. **
We are currently seeking a Senior Network Engineer with a strong background in networking to support multiple programs. You will work with other experienced members in R&D on system development and deployments for the protection of our country. You need strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to work independently yet collaboratively in a team environment. You will generate briefings and present material to team members, customers, and AST management as necessary. On occasion, position will require travel to customer facility for system integration efforts.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in Network Engineering including experience with design, development, integration and testing of high complexity custom systems involving networks, hardware and software.
- Experience working with network topologies, designing networks, and building networked systems.
- Experience reverse engineering network implementations.
- Network protocol experience - IP, TCP, HTTP, Ethernet, SSL, ZigBee, GSM, OSPF, BGP, ISIS, G/MPLS, SDH
- Experience with Juniper and Cisco switch configurations
- Experience supporting systems integration, test execution, test results analysis, and documentation.
- Experience working with customers, end users, hardware design teams, and software design teams
- Existing Secret clearance or higher (Active within the last 24 months)
U.S. Citizenship status is required. This position requires an active U.S. Security Clearance on the first day of employment.
- Understanding of telecommunications systems concepts and signal processing fundamentals
- Experience developing proof-of-concept (PoC) use case scenarios in support of telecommunications and computer network configurations
- Experience with RF, optics, and/or electrical telecommunications standards and processing techniques
- Experience formalizing, developing and documenting requirements, plans, and procedures based on customer discussions, briefings, interactions, and statements of work
- Experience with Design, Development, Integration and Test of complex Communication systems
- Experience developing high-speed processing hardware or complex control software
- Experience generating test scripts to automate integration
- Experience with scripting languages, such as Python or Bash
- Existing Top Secret/SCI clearance with Poly (Active within the last 24 months)
Bachelors of Science (BS) degree in Science, Technology, Engineering, Math (STEM), or related field.
Masters of Science (MS) degree in Science, Technology, Engineering, Math (STEM), or related field. Preferred majors include Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, or Physics.
This position requires a U.S. person or the ability to obtain an Export Authorization from the appropriate government agency for non-U.S. persons.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.