Principal Software EngineerBusinesses Raytheon Intelligence & Space Clearance type TS/SCI with Poly - Current Relocation eligible No Job ID 169783BR Date posted 10/16/2020 City Annapolis Junction State MD Country United States
processing-intensive analytics, novel algorithm development, manipulation of extremely large data sets,
real-time systems, and business management information systems) based upon documented
requirements. Works individually or as part of a team. Reviews and tests software components for
adherence to the design requirements and documents test results. Resolves software problem reports.
Utilizes software development and software design methodologies appropriate to the development
environment. Provides specific input to the software components of system design to include
hardware/software trade-offs, software reuse, use of Commercial Off-the-shelf (COTS)/Government Off
the-shelf (GOTS) in place of new development, and requirements analysis and synthesis from system
level to individual software components.
The Level 2 Software Engineer (SWE) shall possess the following capabilities:
- Analyze user requirements to derive software design and performance requirements
- Debug existing software and correct defects
- Provide recommendations for improving documentation and software development process standards
- Design and code new software or modify existing software to add new features
- Integrate existing software into new or modified systems or operating environments
- Develop simple data queries for existing or proposed databases or data repositories
- Write or review software and system documentation
- Serve as team lead at the level appropriate to the software development process being used on any particular project
- Design or implement complex database or data repository interfaces/queries
- Develop or implement algorithms to meet or exceed system performance and functional standards
- Assist with developing and executing test procedures for software components
This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.169783
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.