Cloud Software EngineerBusinesses Raytheon Intelligence & Space Clearance type TS/SCI with Poly - Current Relocation eligible No Ability to Telecommute No telecommuting Job ID 178204BR Most Recent Date Posted 06/16/2021 City Annapolis Junction State MD Country United States
Oriented Design. Works individually or as part of a team. Reviews and tests software components for adherence to the design requirements and documents test results. Resolves software problem reports. Utilizes software development and software design methodologies appropriate to the development environment. Provides specific input to the software components of system design to include hardware/software trade-offs, software reuse, use of Commercial Off-the-shelf (COTS)/Government Off-the-shelf (GOTS) in place of new development, and requirements analysis and synthesis from system level to individual software components.
The Level 2 Cloud Software Engineer shall possess the following capabilities:
- Provide in-depth knowledge of Information Retrieval; assisting the software development team in designing, developing and testing Cloud Information Retrieval
- Implement complex workflows that manage Cloud MapReduce analytics
- Implement code that interacts with Cloud Distributed Coordination Frameworks
- Oversee one or more software development tasks and ensures the work is completed in accordance with the constraints of the software development process being used on any particular project
- Make recommendations for improving documentation and software development process standards
Eight (8) years’ experience software engineering experience on programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity is required; two (2) years of which must be in programs utilizing Big-Data Cloud technologies and/or Distributed Computing. Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline from an accredited college or university.
- Current TS/SCI with polygraph;
- (2) years of Cloud and Distributed Computing Information Retrieval (IR).
- (1) year of experience with implementing code that interacts with implementation of Cloud Big Table.
- (1) year of experience with implementing code that interacts with implementation of Cloud Distributed File System.
- (1) year of experience with implementing complex MapReduce analytics.
- (1) year of experience with implementing code that interacts with Cloud Distributed Coordination Frameworks.
Three (3) years’ experience:
- Utility Computing, Network Management, Virtualization (VMWare or VirtualBox), Cloud Computing 2. Multi Node Management and Installation: Management and installation of Cloud and Distributed Computing on multiple nodes, Python, CFEngine, Bash, Ruby or related technologies.
•MAVEN, RESTful web services.
•Cloud and Distributed Computing Technologies: at least one or a combination of several of the following areas - YARN, J2EE, MapReduce, Zookeeper, HDFS, HBase , JMS, Concurrent Programming, MultiNode implementation/installation and other applicable technologies. 3.
•Cloud and Distributed Computing Information Retrieval: at least one or a combination of several of the following areas - HDFS, HBASE, Apache Lucene, Apache Solr, MongoDB
•Ingesting, Parsing and Analysis of Disparate Data-sources and formats: XML, JSON, CSV, Binary Formats, Sequence or Map Files, Avro and related technologies
•Aspect Oriented Design and Development 6. Debugging and Profiling Cloud and Distributed Installations: Java Virtual Machine (JVM) memory management, Profiling Java Applications
•Experience with at least one SIGINT collection discipline areas (FORNSAT, CABLE, Terrestrial/Microwave, Overhead, and ELINT)
•Geolocation, emitter identification, and signal applications. 3. Joint program collection platforms and dataflow architectures; signals characterization analysis
•Configuration management tools such as Subversion, ClearQuest, or Razor.
Four (4) years of cloud software engineering experience on projects with similar Big-Data systems may be substituted for a bachelor’s degree. Master in Computer Science or related discipline from an accredited college or university may be substituted for two (2) years of experience. Cloudera Certified Hadoop Developer certification may be substituted for one (1) year of Cloud experience.
This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.178204
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.