Sr. Principal Cyber EngineerBusinesses Raytheon Intelligence & Space Clearance type TS/SCI with Poly - Current Relocation eligible No Job ID 160632BR Date posted 04/28/2020 City Annapolis Junction State MD Country United States
Raytheon Technologies is a premier engineering company which provides technical solutions in software development and systems engineering that address security challenges and strengthen our customers. Raytheon hires industry-leading professionals, and we treat them like industry-leading professionals. We bring exceptional talent to an array of missions that includes computer network operations, vulnerabilities, characterization, information assurance, and emerging technologies to expand cybersecurity solutions. Raytheon Technologiesengineers are developing advanced analytics helping transform analysis by making sense of the massive amounts of data that must be processed at break neck speed. Our Knowledge Management expertise includes utilizing semantic web technologies, storage, indexing, retrieval of structured/unstructured data, and social network analysis to extract and build graphic representations.
We take our work and our fun seriously. We are passionate about engineering, and we prove it by funding internal R&D concepts from early inception through product development and customer delivery. We believe the best ideas stand on their own merits, and we fund ideas from our most junior engineers to our most seasoned staff. We reward excellence early and often through monetary awards, raises, and promotions. We keep ourselves sharp through weekly engineer-driven technical talks, and we team up regularly to compete in CTFs.
- 8+ years of professional experience with C or C++
- Experience developing in one (1) or more of the following: Windows applications using Visual Studio or .NET environments, UNIX applications using make files or comparable build environments, Mission-applicable platforms
- Experience with programming CNO tools and techniques
- Experience with network sockets programming and expert packet-level understanding of IP, TCP, and application-level protocols
- Experience debugging software
- Experience creating and briefing technical presentations
- Knowledge of Unix kernel internals and/or low-level Windows internals, including but not limited to, the OS runtime linker/loader, object file formats (e.g. PE, COFF, ELF), file system internals (e.g. NTFS, ext2, btrfs), OS-specific mandatory and discretionary access control mechanisms, and process and thread APIs and data structures
Qualified applicants will be subject to a security investigation and must meet minimum requirements for access to classified information. U.S. Citizenship and currently have a TS/SCI with a poly clearance.
Position-specific Experience Requirements:
- Read and write C, C++, and Assembly
- Trace code execution in a debugger (windbg/gdb/IDA Pro)
- Reverse engineer with IDA Pro
- Understanding of security protection mechanisms (ASLR, DEP, NX); how to defeat them; how to detect a defeat
- Experience with Mobile development
- Previous vulnerability analysis experience
Bachelor’s Degree and one (1) year of experience in computer science, information systems, or network engineering; five (5) years’ of total relevant experience can be substituted for a degree.
Raytheon Technologies is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.