WLE Section Manager - Supply and Maintenance EngineeringBusinesses Raytheon Missiles & Defense Clearance type Secret Relocation eligible Yes Job ID 169391BR Date posted 10/01/2020 City MA State Andover Country MA
The WLED Section Manager will be responsible for leading approximately 20 personnel executing various facets of Supply & Maintenance Engineering within the Integrated Air & Missile Defense (IAMD) business area.
As a Section Manager within the IAMD business area, your responsibilities will include personally supporting program Logistics, Repairs, Maintenance planning / execution, Transportation Activities, Configuration Management and Government Furnished Property Oversight on programs approximately 75% of the time.
Additional responsibilities will include the following employee-focused areas:
- Employee performance development and assessment
- Employee productivity improvement (including use of CMMI and Six Sigma)
- Budgeting and manpower planning
- Project cost account management using EVMS, cost proposal and EAC preparation
- Personnel issue resolution
- Ensuring compliance with company policies/procedures
- Ensuring all personnel are properly prepared and trained for the scope of their tasks, and Leveraging best practices across all programs.
This section is being created as a result of a division of the existing 40+ person IAMD Supply & Maintenance Engineering section. The Section Manager will therefore be expected to partner with the leadership of the existing section to ensure a smooth transition and to drive supply and maintenance best practices and solutions to the IAMD business.
Some travel is required.
This position requires the eligibility to obtain a security clearance. Except in rare circumstances, only US Citizens are eligible for a security clearance.
- 10+ years’ experience in engineering, supply chain, logistics or manufacturing operations
- 8+ years of experience in the aforementioned areas along with a relevant Master’s Degree may be considered for this job.
- Leadership or supervisory experience
- Budget management experience
- US citizenship is required
- Experience with Raytheon Missiles & Defense proposal process, including use of SBT, the generation of compliant BOEs, and the Program Management Estimate Request (PMER) tool
- Familiarity with Performance Development process
- Familiarity with staffing and Engineering Labor Forecasting (ELF)
- Experience with Transportation, Government Property, Configuration Management and Maintenance planning / execution on fielded assets.
- Experience with International Depot planning and operations including, refurbishment, re-capitalization and preventive maintenance of complex military systems.
- Experience with radar systems, physical security systems and military communication shelters.
- Understanding of electrical engineering design and construction principles
- Familiarity with large-scale proposals focusing on sustainment activities, technical volumes, cost and schedule planning.
- Familiarity with management of program support, subcontractor oversight and customer relationships.
- EV certification
- Six Sigma Specialist (or higher) qualification
- Experience with the Raytheon hiring process to include writing job requisitions, interacting with Talent Acquisition and conducting interviews
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively across multiple Customer, Program and Functional organizations including preparing and conducting briefings.
- Experience with reviews of employee's work products, including Estimates at Completion (EAC) process and Variance Analysis Reports
- Ability to motivate team members by providing an open environment conducive for each employee to reach his/her full potential
- Effective interpersonal communication skills and a proven ability to multi-task and handle stressful situations
- Strong writing and oral presentation skills
- Existing DoD Secret clearance
- BS in a STEM discipline or BA in Mathematics, Physics or Computer Science
This job is posted internally as: Manager III Engineering
Here at Raytheon Technologies, we innovate to create solutions and solve complex challenges across all domains: from land and sea to air, space, and cyberspace. In doing so, we embrace the talent, expertise and perspectives of our diverse workforce, each bringing their skills, ideas and dedication to the work we do. We pride ourselves on our commitment to our customers, industry partners and our teammates, making a positive impact not only to our business, but also in our communities where we live and work. Our constant innovation is made possible by a strong culture, investing in our people, and an unwavering vision that’s shared by our employees across the globe – a vision of one global team creating trusted, innovative solutions to make the world a safer place.
What We Offer: Whether you’re just starting out on your career journey or are an experienced professional, we offer a robust total rewards package that goes above and beyond with compensation; healthcare, wellness, retirement and work/life benefits; career development and recognition programs. Some of the superior benefits on offer include parental (including paternal) leave, flexible work schedules, achievement awards, educational assistance and child/adult backup care.
Raytheon Technologies is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.