Tool Maker MachinistBusinesses Raytheon Missiles & Defense Clearance type Confidential Relocation eligible No Job ID 165868BR Date posted 09/21/2020 City Andover State MA Country United States
Hours of work are Monday through Friday, 2:30pm - 11:00pm
Tool Maker Machinist
Machines, Tools, and Equipment Used:
All computer numerical controlled (CNC), direct numerical controlled (DNC) and manual controlled machine tools required to perform any fabrication of fixtures, tooling, dies, and experimental and developmental sheet metal parts. CNC program equipment, computer aid design (CAD) stations, heat treat ovens, brazing, soldering and welding equipment, grinders, hardware installation equipment, precision inspection equipment and provides own personal hand tools of the trades.
Informally designs, develops, constructs, repairs, reworks and inspects all types of machines, tools, dies, fixtures, parts, and experimental and developmental work from verbal, written, video and computer instructions. Performs basic parts programming and modifications of more complex programs on CNC, DNC and CAD equipment.
- Sets up, and operates all machinery to perform a variety of machining, grinding, heat treating, brazing, soldering and welding on variety of materials. Fabricates replacement parts for production and non-production equipment.
- Plans layouts, procedures, machines, equipment, parts programs and setups to be used.
- Uses all types of shop mathematics, principles of mechanics and trigonometry.
- Selects tooling and fixturing methods to accommodate fabrication process.
- Calculates and sets machine feeds and speeds.
- Edits programs as necessary.
- Reviews new designs for producibility.
- Performs heat treat process.
- Deburrs parts utilizing all available methods.
- When practical, operates multiple machines simultaneously.
- Material movement.
- Marks and identifies parts as required.
- Utilizes precision inspection equipment.
- Performs general maintenance and housekeeping of workplace, tools and equipment.
- Maintains records, moves materials and follows safety rules in performance of duties.
- Performs other similar duties as required or directed.
- Four years apprenticeship in machinist trade or equivalent.
Required Education and Experience:
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a related field.
U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance as of day one of employment.
Raytheon Technologies is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.