Systems Engineer IBusinesses Raytheon Missiles & Defense Clearance type Secret Relocation eligible Yes Ability to Telecommute Temporary telecommuting - during COVID-19 Job ID 170675BR Date posted 10/26/2020 City Andover State MA Country United States
The System Design & Architecture Directorate is the central focus for Mission Systems Integration activities within Raytheon Missiles & Defense (RMD). The more than 2,100 employees provide requirements definition and design at the system, subsystem and component level every day in a collaborative environment characterized by respect for the individual, problem solving in a team setting, consensus oriented solutions, and results based recognition. Supporting this mission are teams providing domain expertise and creative solutions in surveillance, naval and missile defense based radar system design, undersea sensor system design, integrated air and missile defense systems engineering, command and control/battle management system design, combat system and platform architecture design and integration, software intensive system engineering, cyber solutions and algorithm development for signal processing, tracking and discrimination systems. The team welcomes you to join our tradition of excellence through innovation and teamwork while championing individual diversity in a flexible work environment to meet the needs of today’s workforce.
Join this highly visible team and perform technically challenging assignments that will directly contribute to protecting our nation and our war fighters.
Our Systems Engineers use engineering and math skills to define the architecture of the system (the “pieces” and how they interact), the performance and functional requirements of the system (what the system must be capable of doing and how well), the subsystem design and requirements (what components are needed and how they must perform), and the integration of the components into the overall system.
Specific job responsibilities will likely include search/track/discrimination algorithm development, performance assessment trade studies, and analysis of sensor signal and data processing. Systems Engineers use MATLAB regularly to conduct data analyses. Candidates should be comfortable working independently and in a team environment.
- Candidates must have currently enrolled or completed an Bachelor's degree no more than 18 months prior to start date, with an emphasis in Systems Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Aerospace, Computer Science or Computer Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Applied Mathematics, Physics or related technical field.
- This position requires the eligibility to obtain a security clearance. Except in rare circumstances, only U.S. citizens are eligible for a security clearance.
- Leadership or participation in college campus organizations, athletics teams, or community service groups
- Strong analytical skills
- Minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA
- Relevant work or project experience in algorithm design, requirements development, software/hardware integration and configuration management
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office toolset
- MATLAB experience
- Programming experience in modern computer programming languages (JAVA, C++, C)
- Engineering project, internship or co-op experience
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Educational background or interest in the following areas:
- Radar Architecture and or algorithms
- Signal Processing and Control theory
- Model based engineering and architecture
- Statistics, random processes and detection methods
- Imaging / pattern recognition
- Data filtering and processing techniques (e.g. Kalman, batch, optimal)
- Ability to pursue information (“self-starter”)
- Ability to work in a collaborative team environment
- Authored Technical Papers and / or Technical Presentations
At RTX, we innovate to create solutions and solve complex challenges across all domains: from land and sea to air, space, and cyberspace. In doing so, we embrace the talent, expertise and perspectives of our diverse workforce, each bringing their skills, ideas and dedication to the work we do. We pride ourselves on our commitment to our customers, industry partners and our teammates, making a positive impact not only to our business, but also in our communities where we live and work. Our constant innovation is made possible by a strong culture, investing in our people, and an unwavering vision that is shared by RTX employees across the globe – a vision of one global team creating trusted, innovative solutions to make the world a safer place.
RTX has been recognized as a respected employer and valued corporate citizen for our employment practices, programs and community support by a number of highly-regarded organizations. The list includes: Forbes, Glassdoor, National Veterans Small Business Association, Corporate Responsibility Magazine, Environmental Protection Agency, Affinity Inc. and many more.
What We Offer: Whether you are just starting out on your career journey or are an experienced professional, RTX offers a robust total rewards package that goes above and beyond with compensation; healthcare, wellness, retirement and work/life benefits; career development and recognition programs. Some of the superior benefits RTX offers include parental (including paternal) leave, flexible work schedules, achievement awards, educational assistance and child/adult backup care.
All these job responsibilities are to be executed in harmony with Raytheon Technologies' Code of Business Ethics and Conduct policy which sets the standard by which we operate and how we treat others.
Raytheon Technologies is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, or Vietnam era, or other eligible veteran status, or any other protected factor.
This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.170675
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.