Sr. Process Engineer - Focal Plane Arrays (2nd Shift)Businesses Raytheon Missiles & Defense Clearance type Secret Relocation eligible Yes Ability to Telecommute No telecommuting Job ID 178331BR Most Recent Date Posted 04/20/2021 City Andover State MA Country United States
At Raytheon Missiles & Defense, you have the opportunity to try new things and make a bigger difference across a broader end-to-end solution, a richer technology and product set, an expanded range of disciplines, a growing global footprint and a more diverse team of colleagues and customers.
An exciting opportunity exists at Raytheon Missiles & Defense (RMD) for a Senior Process Engineer I/II to join our focal plane array wafer process development fabrication team in the Advanced Microelectronics Solutions (AMS) Department.
As a member of the AMS Department, the individual in this role will join the focal plane array wafer fabrication development team and will be responsible for improving current structures, developing new structures, and proposing new areas to explore. The individual will also lead and execute process maturation efforts and interface with the production engineering team. In order to succeed at this role, the candidate should have a versatile background and experience in various aspects of wafer fabrication including two or more of the following areas: metals/dielectric deposition, etch, and photolithography. A broad understanding of other aspects of semiconductor processing, metrology, device physics, and electrical testing is desirable.
Responsibilities to Anticipate:
- Large degree of multitasking with attention to detail while managing priorities depending on the nature of the problem.
- Working in small, cross-functional teams
- Collaborative team work and communication of project status
- Designing experiments, hands-on process development, and project management
This position can be a Sr. Process Engineer I (G08) or Sr. Process Engineer II (G09) based on the candidate's qualifications as they relate to the skills, experience and responsibility requirements for the position.
Qualifications You Must Have
- Bachelor’s in Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics (STEM)
- Four (4) years of related work experience for the G08 salary grade, and six (6) for the G09 salary grade
- Experience in semiconductor processing techniques including photo lithography, dry etching, metals evaporation, and inspections
- Experience in semiconductor process development
- MS or Ph.D. in Engineering (such as chemical, materials science, electrical) or Science (such as physics, chemistry) with a focus on semiconductors
- Understanding of IR detection and Focal Plane Arrays
- Ability to lead and coordinate technical projects with diverse and cross-functional teams
- Semiconductor characterization including Scanning Electron Microscopy
- Broad knowledge related to semiconductor processing, device physics, and data analysis
- Experience with characterizing, understanding, and improving semiconductor device performance and reliability
What We Offer:
Whether you’re just starting out on your career journey or are an experienced professional, we offer a robust total rewards package that goes above and beyond with compensation; healthcare, wellness, retirement and work/life benefits; career development and recognition programs. Some of the superior benefits we offer include parental (including paternal) leave, flexible work schedules, achievement awards, educational assistance and child/adult backup care.
This position requires either a U.S. Person or Non- U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.
Clearance Information: This position requires the eligibility to obtain a security clearance. Non-US citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Defense Industrial Security Clearance Office (DISCO), an agency of the Department of Defense, handles and adjudicates the security clearance process. More information about Security Clearances can be found on the US Department of State government website here: https://www.state.gov/m/ds/clearances/c10978.htm 178331
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.